derangedwookiee's enrty: Star Wars Speeder Bike

lol i just greebeled it up too
2012-04-21_16-10-03_847.jpg
. Now at this point i am thinking to go for the standard scout or the storm commando paint scheme. i leaning towards the Storm Commando. with the greys and black

Cool.
It's looking sweet. Love all the extra detail work. The boot holster, and the main cannon on the bike are awesome!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

i am testing colors oout on the trooper at this point i can go either the standard white scout trooper or i can go with a storm commando in gray armor. this is a nato black on the fabric parts and sky blue base coat on the armor parts
2012-04-24_00-05-27_684.jpg
2012-04-24_00-05-14_306.jpg

Nice job with the figure so far!
Can't recommend You what paintscheme to chose - both of the options are pretty cool.
P.S: I'm not sure, but isn't the part covering the area between trooper's legs the armor one? That would have made sense ;)
49816.jpg

Don't forget to take the time to Detail the Communicator in the Nose piece on his helmet...!!!

This will add "much needed" detail !!!

b797f538.jpg

as a suggestion.... I would not paint the Straps on the Triceps armour pads "Gray" nor white... as you shown previously.... (my take) I find it Stands out too much... Do it rather in a Faded black which will contrast with the rest of his black coveralls !

Keep up the good work....

Many haven't even touched the figure.... Your hard work is starting to pay off !!!

Norm.

So i asked my wife which color scheme i should go for on the scout trooper. I showed her my option. And with a blank stare of someone who could care less. She said a what trooper? And then said white because if he was gray no one would know its star wars.

Ok on to the next phase. I got the 2 major sub assemblies together. Used wire stripped from a phone line or cat 5 line i don't remember which and wrapped it around itself to make the hoses.I also stripped the plastic coating off the wires and did the same thing to may the control wires. I looked around for that piano wire extension spring schweinhund227 used. No luck. this looks just as good.
2012-04-27_21-07-59_42.jpg

2012-04-27_21-08-15_876.jpg

thanks for the encouragement.

I took my testor cheapo spray gun to town on the speeder. Either the gun is finally giving out or my mix was not right. too thin or thick... I can't tell it started splochting up in the middle of my run. I was trying to even out my brushed painted engine and control arms with a flat black and to coat the wires. Went over board. and still missed spots.
now my can 'o' propellant is empty.I don't when I go to repaint if the splotchiness will get covered.2012-04-28_14-13-35_998.jpg2012-04-28_14-13-31_331.jpg2012-04-28_14-13-20_826.jpg2012-04-28_14-13-05_17.jpg

can 'o' propellant - that is a problem because you don't get consistent air pressure.

Any chance of rigging up a compressor? For under $100 you can get something that will be much, much more reliable than a can-o-air. If you're tight on funds check local classified ads, craigs list etc....

I've been having my eye on one at harbor freight for a while for 69.95.as always when I amass enough spare cash. Something comes up Now I do have acess to an aircompressor at my work. but that means packing things up making sure I have everything I need to paint and head to the lab.Is there a fitting that will quickly and easily attach to the existing air compressors hose? So i don't have to worry about dettaching their hose.they have a regulator and moisture trap on it with a 50 foot hose with quick disconnect for air tools and tire fill attachments.

added some scratched together Control wires and those handles on the foot pedals2012-04-29_00-19-47_567.jpg
next is a coat of brown on the body and to seat the driver to figure out how high or low to mount the arms. Is there a trick to it?

DERANGEDWOOKIEE said:
Is there a fitting that will quickly and easily attach to the existing air compressors hose?

Yes, you can find the fitting you'd need at a Harbor Freight etc...

Latest posts

Back