custom decals

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
first off were can i get the blank decal sheets and second do you need some kind of program that will prink the lettering in the right scale or do you use PS. any and all info will be put to good use.

Reason being is i want to make my GAZ 69 into a Civy truck thats been acuired and used buy some Road maintence crew as part of a Dio im planning

I have some of these. I got them from MicroMark, I believe. You can use any image manipulation program and print them from a computer printer.

I wasn't very impressed with them, however. They're quite thick. Maybe a decal setting solution would help, but they're nothing like the proper decals you get in a kit.

thanks Cave. after some head scrathing i found this on Hannets in england linky 9.71 for a set of 3 not cheap but it should do the trick, altough i cane seem to find the spray on hannets. some more searching i think

thanks fo teh link Q ill have a look at that, as for software i use Photoshop for editing my photos so i should be able to knock somthing half decnt out on that ;D

FYI.

I have 2x sources I use for printing custom decals. (In the US) I do a lot of my own decal design and send them off to print. They both print on excellant decal paper and you never have to worry about the decals bleeding. Very top notch! Both have very reasonable prices.

1.) Fireball Modelworks does custom printing, has resin sets, decals for all kind of helicopters. The owner (joseph) is a real nice guy and a pleasure to do business with. His decals are done with a Alps printer.
http://www.fireballmodels.info/

2.) Is DRAW Decal. He runs a printing company and does decals for all kinds of rotorwing and fixed wing aircraft. I will say he has the sharpest most crisp printing of decals. He just did two sheets for me and I have never seen kit decals look as good. You could even read the finest of print. He too is a very nice guy to deal with. http://www.drawdecal.com/

Not only have I become a model addict, but I've become a decal design addict for my models. I do a lot of custom builds.

Hope this helps.
John

them being in the usa is a bit far away from sending them off for me because i live in ireland.

was in my lhs today grabing my kits for the air build and asked if he happens to have any and low behold he had just got it in this moring so i grabed the 2 packs and the spray from him, They have3 clear 3 white in each pack. Testors no idea what its like but ill find out soon enough. if its muck ill have wasted 25-30 euro ;D

Testors uses the same decal paper that the link I gave you does.
Found this out by happy accident on the Mutara build

spud said:
them being in the usa is a bit far away from sending them off for me because i live in ireland.

was in my lhs today grabing my kits for the air build and asked if he happens to have any and low behold he had just got it in this moring so i grabed the 2 packs and the spray from him, They have3 clear 3 white in each pack. Testors no idea what its like but ill find out soon enough. if its muck ill have wasted 25-30 euro ;D

Hey SPUD.
This guy is in Ireland. In case you ever want to get decals made for yourself. Check him out. I beleive he is in Dunblin. Hope this will help as a source. http://www.maxdecals.com/

Cheers

oh nice thats gona be hany if i mess up ;D thanks a lot.

well fook that typical money grabing irish git, 45euro including shipping for a set, typical irish.

Latest posts

Back