Contest Chatter

I'm out of town with work for the first week of the contest :(
Wonder how the hotel will feel about styrene dust and plasticote in their fancy rooms ;)

WebbyNZ said:
I'm out of town with work for the first week of the contest :(
Wonder how the hotel will feel about styrene dust and plasticote in their fancy rooms ;)

I did that few years back; it wasn't a problem!
As long as you don't leave drill holes and glue spills on your "workbench", it is going to be fine.
Cheers,
Guido

Mmm think im gonna do a seaking for this comp.. Always liked how they looked and never done anything post ww2 before so this could be intresting. 1st ever comp too so will be fun.. Good luck everyone :)

JohnSimmons said:
spud said:
Oh Very Nice.

Something Big that i got for Christmas of my GF Christmas before last, I will be starting it on the 1st as im missing some Etch from my T62 and that is now being replaced by ETmodel so while that's on hold ill drive on with the comp build. and by the sounds of it i may need 3 months to build and weather it....

I've got an idea what your building spud but I won't say lol ;)

hehe not many will remember what it was im sure

But this time will be different. Lets say it is out of my comfort zone, and I am going to go nuts on it. No huge diorama from me this year. There will be LED's, and other such electronics......

And it is not a tank.

Grendels said:
But this time will be different. Lets say it is out of my comfort zone, and I am going to go nuts on it. No huge diorama from me this year. There will be LED's, and other such electronics......

Build Thread ?? ;D

Of course there will be a build thread with videos.

Only two days to go!!!! The wife has been warned that this weekend is a build weekend.

if its got led's not in yer comfort zone i have a Funny feeling its the titanic........ or i could be wrong because i only caught a gimps of it in a vid i didn't get around to watching.

Am i Close :)

Nope, not even. You did see the Titanic in a video, but that belongs to Nelly. Not a ship and not armor. That leaves wingy things, Auto or figures. No Sci Fi this year.

I am pretty sure no one will guess what it is. It is that far off what I normally build.

If time permits I do plan to enter a figure with an LED in its mouth, but only if time permits.

I also plan on getting the Mercury 9 done for the all open category. Especially since it is almost done anyway.

Grendels said:
Nope, not even. You did see the Titanic in a video, but that belongs to Nelly. Not a ship and not armor. That leaves wingy things, Auto or figures. No Sci Fi this year.

I am pretty sure no one will guess what it is. It is that far off what I normally build.

If time permits I do plan to enter a figure with an LED in its mouth, but only if time permits.

I also plan on getting the Mercury 9 done for the all open category. Especially since it is almost done anyway.

I think it's a car crossed with a wingy thing with a figure captain morganing on the roof am I'm close there

As a friendly challenge to my buddy TRM, I am calling him out in public to build a Wingy Thingy for this years BSC.

I've thrown a little incentive at him to finish the kit and place in the top 3.

Who else thinks it'd be nice to see him build a Wingy? I for one have only seen one of his wingy builds and that thing was burried in the sand. Come on TRM!!!! :p :p :p

Grendels said:

I am guessing a scratch build of the car in Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang is out then? ;D

I challenged him to build something as if it was brand spanking new right out of the factory. It's way OUTSIDE his comfort zone. Haha

adampolo13 said:
As a friendly challenge to my buddy TRM, I am calling him out in public to build a Wingy Thingy for this years BSC.

I've thrown a little incentive at him to finish the kit and place in the top 3.

Who else thinks it'd be nice to see him build a Wingy? I for one have only seen one of his wingy builds and that thing was burried in the sand. Come on TRM!!!! :p :p :p

Mmmmmmmmmmmm............ ::)

spud said:
Adam the last one he built got covered in corral ..... ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

adampolo13 said:
multiple radiators on a caric=8506.msg134773#msg134773 date=1362000295]
Adam the last one he built got covered in corral ..... ;D

I challenged him to build something as if it was brand spanking new right out of the factory. It's way OUTSIDE his comfort zone. Haha
[/quote]

::)

cartoon_plane_4.gif

Latest posts

Back