Contest Chatter

well i was a bit gutted at first cuz dioramas are my thing, but bought my main kit today from my local hobby shop and just ordered my accessories on ebay, so the excitement is building.... is it march yet?

Just decided what I'm gonna build. Forget the 1/35 figure... 1/15 figure, vinyl. First time trying that.

Scott Girvan said:
Just decided what I'm gonna build. Forget the 1/35 figure... 1/15 figure, vinyl. First time trying that.
1/15 scale? Either Munchkins or Umpa Loompa's, which is it? Oh' wait I know....Flying Monkey's!

Scott Girvan said:
Just had another idea....oh no....

That's always the problem, isn't it? So many models... So many ideas... So little time... ;D

Totally. This latest idea would be quite a build...but the payoff would be huge.

Scott Girvan said:
Totally. This latest idea would be quite a build...but the payoff would be huge.

I predict heavy clouds of awesome with a 90% chance of win !

I'm currently planning on building a Haswgawa 1/48 AH-64D Longbow. I've got some PE on its way as well. Should be a very fun build. Only problem is there is too much time between now and the beginning of the contest. I am very indecisive when it comes to choosing what to build. Probably why I have so many shelf queens and a rapidly growing stash. I digress...

I am so pumped for this to start! ;D ;D ;D

adampolo13 said:
I'm currently planning on building a Haswgawa 1/48 AH-64D Longbow. I've got some PE on its way as well. Should be a very fun build. Only problem is there is too much time between now and the beginning of the contest. I am very indecisive when it comes to choosing what to build. Probably why I have so many shelf queens and a rapidly growing stash. I digress...

I am so pumped for this to start! ;D ;D ;D
Gotta ask this: "PE", I've seen this term but I can't nail it down. I thought maybe Physical Effects like in a diorama. Little help?

Dale the n00b (at least at this level)

Glorfindel said:
Scott your thinking Tin man aren't you?

Not really. Soon all will be revealed. Stuck between 2 ideas. One is a figure and, for me, a real challenge to paint. The other is sorta a figure...and a real challenge to build.

I'm gonna throw in at least one entry, maybe even get it finished this time. As for which kit to tackle? I called my 6 yr. old grandson and asked for his help deciding and he said he would pick the one we should build. We? Did he say we? I think he did! Am I allowed to utilize child labour on this project? Ah well, it's all in fun right? So tomorrow morning I'll open the door to the cave and let Monkey Boy decide what we're gonna slap together. Or at least start on. ;D

I may move away from my Trek bash idea. Do a figure. Maybe.
I really don't know for sure, yet

Im pretty sure im gonna stick with my original diorama idea, but by removing the base etc I will have more time to work on the 2 kits I was going to use in it. Also gives me entry into 2 catergories

If I get those 2 done before the end of the contest i'm assuming I can enter a 3rd (time allowing) even if it is after March, with an unopened kit.

OK - so here is what I'm contemplating (once I finish the Peterat)

Either this for figures. A real painting challenge and haven't worked with vinyl before.
rancor.jpg

Or this for sci-fi. It will be quite a build and involve some kitbashing and scratchbuilding. 'My' version of the animated series Optimus would be an attempt to use all the truck parts and make it look as 'real' as possible, but with some artistic (and mechanical/physics) license to get a look like the animated character. It would be a tall model, and I think if I can pull it off, pretty darn cool.
product.jpg

optimus-prime-20090622044515697.jpg

:eek:...Rancor is Crazy!!! Wish I could help you on the vinyl side of life....got nothing though!! ::)

Now that's a plan :)
I would go for a figure :)

BTW Just to make sure. I have a kit which contains to models. One I made several years ago and I didn't touch the second one. Will it be ok to enter with the second kit?

Latest posts

Back