Contest Chatter

I think T is going to build a rusty dingy with Wengs ;)

adampolo13 said:
Scott Girvan said:
I have lots of choppers....no ships though.

I'll do a chopper if you do a chopper!
Oooh I just landed one on EBay. Maybe a "choppa". Wait chopper as in helicopter chopper or chopper as in motorcycle chopper? Won myself the flying variety.

adampolo13 said:
Chris S said:
spud said:
adampolo13 said:
Scott Girvan said:
Just might do that...

Our own little "duel" We may just give TRM & Scratchmod a run for their money!

doubtfull but no harm in Dreaming :p

LOL ;D Rusty Choppers ! ;D ;D

Just remember, no base or figures, or that would be an all open. TRM stands no chance! Haha. (In my dreams)

I felt a disturbance in the force....

If I didn't know better, I would say that was a challenge Adam!!! ;D

Chris S said:
I think T is going to build a rusty dingy with Wengs ;)

I like how this man thinks!!!! Wicked Irishman!! ;)

Now I was thinking....(1st mistake right there)...of going for the Battleship Yamato from Star Blazers scratch-built in 1/200, 1/200 landing craft, 1/200 landing crew, land rover for the landing crew, AFter taking pics of all of them individually I will put all of them together on one base...

Sci-Fi, Wengy-Thengs, Auto, Figs, Floaty things and all open....signed, sealed and delivered!! :eek:

WW2 style Yamato concept ship by Vaughan Ling
v_ling_6.jpg

LOL!!!! I know a few of you just raised that left eyebrow and grinned ;)

But....

Not! I don't have time to make the base and the lack of O2 makes it difficult to rust anything!!! 8)

In all truthfulness, not sure what I will build...probably better off that way at the moment!!!! LOL!!

I have a feeling this year's contest will be interesting.

Me, I'm likely NOT stepping out of my comfort zone.
Likely a Trek kitbash, just with some non-trek bits in the mix

I'm so in again this year. I don't think I'll be doing anything crazy like last year's Errant Venture...but I might be able to eek out a sci-fi subject or two. There's plenty in my stash with the green-light-ready. I do have a good number of 'air' kits that I've been collecting AM for this occasion...

But hey! When are we going to get our banners from LAST year's BSC??

nicholassagan said:
But hey! When are we going to get our banners from LAST year's BSC??

No kidding right? That would be my duty to get those done.

The forecast will probably change...it's a bit difficult to predict weather patterns a month plus out. ;D

If you made that many kits, you'd deserve an Energy Drink prize pack and a trophy!

Oh I so wanna do this contest... will be the first time I've done something like this. Not sure what model to do thou. I've got a few models in my closet, but not really sure which one I should go with. A few of them I've started and just put away... here's a list of all the models I got.

A-Wing (Open/Sealed Bags)
AT-AT (Open/Loose Parts/Complete)
AT-AT (Open/Parts in bag off sprues)
AT-ST (MIB Sealed)
Anakins Pod Racer (Open/Parts in Sealed Bags)
B-Wing Fighter (Open/Sealed Bags)
BTTF Time Machine Delorean - BTTF 1 Version (Open/Sealed Bags)
*BTTF Time Machine Delorean - BTTF 2 Version (Open/Started)
Corperate Alliance Droid (open/Sealed parts in bags)
Death Star (Mint In Sealed Box)
Ecto 1 - GB 1 Version (Open/Sealed Bags)
*Hoth Rebel Base (Incomplete)
*Lost In Space Jupiter 2 Movie Version - (Started/Almost finshed with fiber optic lights)
*Millenium Falcon - Cut-Away Version (Open/Started/With all 3 FalconKits accurized resib kits)
Millenium Falcon - Original ROTJ version (Opened/Sealed Bags)
Shuttle Tydirium (Open/Parts in Sealed Bags/Box Damaged)
Slave 1 (Open/Sealed bags)
*Speeder Bike flight display version (Started)
Star Destroyer (Open/Sealed bags)
*Star Destroyer (Started - with Fiber OPtics and VooDooFX Lighting Kit)
*Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise 1701-D with Fiber Optics (Started/Almost Finished)
*Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Space station with Fiber Optics (started/Almost finished)
Trade Federation Tank (Open/Sealed Bags) x 2
*X-Wing (Open/Partially Started/Loose Parts)

I know I want to do the Speeder Bike after I finish the R2... But I started working on it awhile back (think all I did was put the figure together partially and spray painted the parts drak olive green. All the ones with the * I started but haven't gotten back to. I'll let you guys decide which one I should work on for the contest.

If its been started, it can only go in the all-open category. So if its not been started other than and open box and plastic bags removed, I'd go with a totally fresh build if you want to be in specific classes

OK, if I take myself out of any sort of social life and family functions I can turn in to a modeling hermit, then I believe in my heart of hearts I can bang out two puppy's in this contest. All in!!

So anxious to start building. Going to shoot for two entries this year, a kit and a figure. Still waiting on my kits from hobbylink :p Slightly bummed about the dio category being taken out as I really wanted to go all in on a diorama this year but im pumped about the figure category ;D

MrNatural said:
So anxious to start building. Going to shoot for two entries this year, a kit and a figure. Still waiting on my kits from hobbylink :p Slightly bummed about the dio category being taken out as I really wanted to go all in on a diorama this year but im pumped about the figure category ;D

You can still build the dio and put it in the all-open....

LrdSatyr8 said:
Oh I so wanna do this contest... will be the first time I've done something like this. Not sure what model to do thou. I've got a few models in my closet, but not really sure which one I should go with. A few of them I've started and just put away... here's a list of all the models I got.

A-Wing (Open/Sealed Bags)
AT-AT (Open/Loose Parts/Complete)
AT-AT (Open/Parts in bag off sprues)
AT-ST (MIB Sealed)
Anakins Pod Racer (Open/Parts in Sealed Bags)
B-Wing Fighter (Open/Sealed Bags)
BTTF Time Machine Delorean - BTTF 1 Version (Open/Sealed Bags)
*BTTF Time Machine Delorean - BTTF 2 Version (Open/Started)
Corperate Alliance Droid (open/Sealed parts in bags)
Death Star (Mint In Sealed Box)
Ecto 1 - GB 1 Version (Open/Sealed Bags)
*Hoth Rebel Base (Incomplete)
*Lost In Space Jupiter 2 Movie Version - (Started/Almost finshed with fiber optic lights)
*Millenium Falcon - Cut-Away Version (Open/Started/With all 3 FalconKits accurized resib kits)
Millenium Falcon - Original ROTJ version (Opened/Sealed Bags)
Shuttle Tydirium (Open/Parts in Sealed Bags/Box Damaged)
Slave 1 (Open/Sealed bags)
*Speeder Bike flight display version (Started)
Star Destroyer (Open/Sealed bags)
*Star Destroyer (Started - with Fiber OPtics and VooDooFX Lighting Kit)
*Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise 1701-D with Fiber Optics (Started/Almost Finished)
*Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Space station with Fiber Optics (started/Almost finished)
Trade Federation Tank (Open/Sealed Bags) x 2
*X-Wing (Open/Partially Started/Loose Parts)

I know I want to do the Speeder Bike after I finish the R2... But I started working on it awhile back (think all I did was put the figure together partially and spray painted the parts drak olive green. All the ones with the * I started but haven't gotten back to. I'll let you guys decide which one I should work on for the contest.

I would do the Ecto 1.

I changed my mind. I AM going to do something like my Errant Venture from last year. However, it might be the only thing I enter...

Latest posts

Back