"consegna a domicilio !!", Junkers Ju 52, Italeri 1/72

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
Another Pile of Scrap is done! I rebuilt the Italeri Ju 52. It is the 3m Mine Sweeper Model. Cause the magnetig ring is disappeared, I decided to convent her into an transport.
First I had to search for all parts, some of them were missing. I start to add windows and a payload for the "Tante Ju"

[attachment deleted by admin]

I added the wings, which was very difficult cause of the delicate brackets. I lost them a few times along the
rebuild... :mad:
At least, the Tante Ju were set on her feet again....

I masked her with Scotch magic tape and some...toilet paper ;D
After a white Tamiya basic coating, she gets a layer of Tamiya XF-59 with 5% XF 2 and a camo scheme with Vallejo 71034 brown. Why? While the coating get dry, I decidet to put her in italian service. I raid my new SM 79 kit for the decals, the "consegna a domicilio" lettering is made by myself.

After a cover with Vallejo Varnish 70.520 I add the doors and the long missed engines. I washed her with thinned brown color and the drybrushing executed with Tamiya XF 57. Exhausts and engine parts were weathered with black pastells, surface areas weathered with chamoise pastells. That looks very realistic. I start to love this pastell calks :)

After all, I got a nice Aircraft for my collection. Its the biggest one of my 1/72ers. What a bird :)
I also love the italian touch. I dont know, the Ju 52 ever seen duty at the "Regina Aeronautica", but if she did, she maybe would look close to mine :)) Now, I can watch her in my collection and go for a Chianti wine... SALUTE!!

Looks great ,nice save and an excellent conversion :)

Chris.

Notice the different size between the Ju 52, the Bf 110 and the Macci 202

wow :eek: I never realised the JU was just as big as that !!

Chris.

ShutterAce said:
CPO,

It's great fun to watch you recycle all these old builds. Another nice one too! ;D

Thanks. I have a lot of fun, too. To rebuild old kits opens the way to do something special. Original decals ans some Parts are gone often, so I have to find a back door to finish them. Look for the next model I even startet :)

Beautiful restoration there, CPO.
You never fail to impress with these "scrap pile" models

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Thanks Myke, shes really fantastic. I guess, I earned my Chianti today :)

mmmmmmm Chianti...., my favorite Italian grape!!!! Enjoy

Latest posts

Back