Clear coating options

kiwi gav

Hi there Addicts. As I am pretty new to the world of scale modeling I was wondering if anyone has some hints tips and suggestions on types of clear coating options.

In New Zealand especially my home town, It is impossible to get hold of a bottle of "Pledge Klear" (or any of the names it goes by around the world). I have tried to order online at Amazon, but shipping restrictions will not allow international orders.

Has anyone got ideas. A similar cheap option would be great.

Cheers
Gav

You could try the Vallejo varnishes, true not as cheap as Pledge/Future....but they do a bang up job, and are as tough as nails.

kiwi gav said:
Hi there Addicts. As I am pretty new to the world of scale modeling I was wondering if anyone has some hints tips and suggestions on types of clear coating options.

In New Zealand especially my home town, It is impossible to get hold of a bottle of "Pledge Klear" (or any of the names it goes by around the world). I have tried to order online at Amazon, but shipping restrictions will not allow international orders.

Has anyone got ideas. A similar cheap option would be great.

Cheers
Gav

Gav:

I dont know about New Zealand, but I know my mother in law lives in Canada, therefore I am sending her stuff all the time that she cant get in Canada but we can get in the USA. Ive sent stuff before that we weren't "technically" allowed to send and had no problems. If you would like, I would be more then happy to go get you a couple bottles of Future Floor Wax, package the bottles up and ship them to you. Let me know if you would like to take me up on that offer. Id be more then happy to help you out.

Latest posts

Back