build rate?

Grendels

My question for everyone is what is your build rate when working on models, or more specifically how many do you get done in a year?

For me, during this last year, I managed to build to completion 5 models, I have two more very close to done, and I started on three others which stalled out for various reasons.

In 2010 I completed 12 builds.

Some of them included scenic bases with groundwork and figures while some were just stand alone kits. I had maybe another six that were started in that same year that were at various stages of completion come the end of December.

I intend on beating that number in 2011 though. ;D

:D :D Ok just did last years count, and i built 41 that i posted on the forums and four that i did not.
So that would make 45. ::) ;D

Ummmm. I think I did 3 :eek: . I have a couple that have carried over. I wanna break that record for 2011. I just might .... Especially since I've been hangin around with Th' Herd ! Now Ya' got My Sci-Fi fingers 'a twitchin' !

3 ... is that all ! Well I also did a couple of figures, but since they didn't find Their way into a Dio or a base that doesn't count .... does it ? Well then it's up to 5 !! Still ... that's sad ! For Me it is.

ERIK

java said:
:D :D Ok just did last years count, and i built 41 that i posted on the forums and four that i did not.

45!?!?! That's one model completed every 8.1 days! Call Guinness.

I have a zero count for last year too. Unless you want to count the scratch built church model for the movie Salvation Blvd.

java said:

Jaw on floor, let me pick it up!!!

If I got to your speed, I would clear my stash out in two years, and have zero places to put them. WOW, and you do post your work, nothing shoddy, so you are not taking short cuts. AMAZING!!

For the rest of us mere mortals, it looks like I am right at the average.

45!?!?! That's one model completed every 8.1 days!

Yeah Scott ,that sounds about right ;) ,i had no clue i built that amount last year until i checked. :D

Jaw on floor, let me pick it up!!!

If I got to your speed, I would clear my stash out in two years, and have zero places to put them. WOW, and you do post your work, nothing shoddy, so you are not taking short cuts. AMAZING!!

For the rest of us mere mortals, it looks like I am right at the average.

Thank you Grendels,i have been rapidly running of space recently and now i know why ::)
I don't think there is an average we all build at a speed we feel comfy with ,don't forget life can get in the way allot too and also you,Scott,Ken,dreamknight etc take the time to explain how to build kits, weather them,clean them up,light them and all i do is build them and show em.

java said:
Thank you Grendels,i have been rapidly running of space recently and now i know why ::)
I don't think there is an average we all build at a speed we feel comfy with ,don't forget life can get in the way allot too and also you,Scott,Ken,dreamknight etc take the time to explain how to build kits, weather them,clean them up,light them and all i do is build them and show em.

Java, I know that building models is for fun, and I will not rush my build. But I was curious at just how fast people do build. I felt like I was a slow model builder because it takes months to get one done. I do know that this is not a competition. Not on this forum anyhow.

Life does get in the way for me all the time. That is the main reason I don't get more models done. This is for relaxation, and fun. To take me away from the drama and stress that life can bring.

Quaralane:Come on you builds rock too mate, my build count was for last year and you well in front of me this year. :)

Grendels:Are you telling me off. ;) :D
I just have a nack of building quicky that's all.

It would be interesting to check back in a years time and see if the rates stayed about the same, or if they had changed significantly. I think that I'll build more this year, not because I have more time just because, I've a bunch of stuff started and almost done, and I think I'm becoming more proficient at some tasks.

Not sure how many I built last year but it must have been a good half dozen including the masters for the T-55 motor compartment.
The most I ever built was 37 in one year. Now I like to take my time and work on new weathering [rusting] techniques.

scratchmod

Latest posts

Back