Blohm & Voss BV 155V-1

urumomo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
2,877
Black Bands !

little by little :D

NH8keAh.jpg
J52yaWa.jpg
 

urumomo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
2,877
Decided to clean up and prime / paint the landing gear components since their installation is near.

aP2bPqi.jpg


I went back and rewatched that video of photos to see if there was a closeup of the gear bay since that actuator doesn't look like it would fully retract the wheel strut .
There isn't a detail photo but I noticed that I got the forward windscreen of the canopy pretty dang close to the actual one when I did that putty work .
Only slightly taller - maybe .
I had extended it to where I did to obscure the depth of the clear plastic where that giant scope penetrates it .

But , more Special from Special Hobby :
They molded one of the struts with a different detail that omits the rod for attaching the door section :

kjJESvR.jpg
mqC1tBV.jpg rzEQNaG.jpg


Another strange one .

That's the last of the kit issues though .
Well , the prop doesn't really fit the spinner but it's a minor adjustment .
 

urumomo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
2,877
The molding is actually pretty good on this kit .
Good detail in panel lines etc .
Average to above average as far as clean up is concerned .

I'll get some more pix up either tonight or tomorrow .
She looks a lot more like a Nazi aircraft now ;)
 

urumomo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
2,877
BgwRCnU.jpg


Kit decals with the exception of the number 9 - that's from a Hasegawa Grosser Hund kit ( Ma.K. )

Raw umber watercolor filter to remove the blue component of the grey-green base color .
Affixed with AK satin varnish .
Then sepia and burnt umber watercolor wash for panel lines and weathering .
Affixed with AK satin varnish then finished with AK ultra matte varnish ( love that stuff . Straight into the AB , one coat and done . )
Lots of time in-between coats of varnish sitting in the dehydrator @ 105F .

x1gndqP.jpg
Oux3q9x.jpg

ToCbe2O.jpg
lDNMdu3.jpg
BWQKJDs.jpg
aDBVacA.jpg



Getting closer .
Still needs some detailing on the pipes and the radiators , then the canopy completion , landing gear installation and finally the prop .
This thing might be done before the leaves begin to fall .
 
Last edited:

BLT

Active Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
175
BgwRCnU.jpg


Kit decals with the exception of the number 9 - that's from a Hasegawa Grosser Hund kit ( Ma.K. )

Raw umber watercolor filter to remove the blue component of the grey-green base color .
Affixed with AK satin varnish .
Then sepia and burnt umber watercolor wash for panel lines and weathering .
Affixed with AK satin varnish then finished with AK ultra matte varnish ( love that stuff . Straight into the AB , one coat and done . )
Lots of time in-between coats of varnish sitting in the dehydrator @ 105F .

x1gndqP.jpg
Oux3q9x.jpg

ToCbe2O.jpg
lDNMdu3.jpg
BWQKJDs.jpg
aDBVacA.jpg



Getting closer .
Still needs some detailing on the pipes and the radiators , then the canopy completion , landing gear installation and finally the prop .
This thing might be done before the leaves begin to fall .
This is a great build... It looks splendid. It's super great that you share what products you use, and that you take the time to explain your process.

Thank you very much for sharing.
 

urumomo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
2,877
Pastels on the supercharger piping , affixed with the enamel then coated with the Ultra Matte .
I over-did the reds since I couldn't really tell what I had due to the gloss from the enamel fixer - so I had to modify it with some water color after it was matte coated -- then matte coated again to anchor the water color .

You can only Ultra-Matte so many times or risk getting a chalky looking finish . Why I use the satin varnish when building layers .
Gloss is technically better but , again , the sheen can make it difficult for me to tell what I have color wise .

MzmZoEQ.jpg
mJVLz8E.jpg
O190DU7.jpg



Decided to install an antenna mast like on the 109 's :

nqZp97w.jpg

Rather than the arrangement in the artwork :

DYAOjd2.jpg

So I made this stand to secure her into once that super delicate wire and mast are installed .This will facilitate the safe installation of the landing gear and prop ,
I'll tape the wings down once it's in there :

R10sSbJ.jpg
6B63WNR.jpg



Now to finish the canopy .
Still a lot of doing in store for that thing ...
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top