BIG RIG RAT

Thanks guys. \m/ \m/

A bit of work on the interior. I have the floor worked out, firewall etc... Just in the process of adding some detail.

Here we see PE mesh, Pie Plate Tin and Aluminum Tape embossed before assembly with the tool from The Small Shop Nutter.

4419.jpg

Now to make some bomber seats.

Oh Come on !! yer just showing off ;D ;D Thats some tasty work in there Scott ,bring on Da Bombers ;D ;D

Chris.

Bomber seat MKI
4420.jpg

Through the process of building this I see how I can refine my plan and improve it. I'll tweak the drawings tomorrow and try, try again.

Scott Girvan said:
Thanks Adam. MKII will be tighter.

That's the tin from a cookie sheet.

LOL...before he asked I was thinking you were drinking a bunch of Diet Coke....completely the other direction!! "no honey, I need to finish these cookies...I need to make a radiator shoud for the Rat"!! ::)

LOL. Cookie Sheet tin is a great medium....and easier to use than pop cans since it's already flat.

Blastolene...or something like that. Yeah, it's amazing.

Thanks for the comment. I appreciate that.

That is cool :) Is there any suspension on the front of it ? ...doesnt look like it !

Chris.

Looks to be just the torsion bar :eek:

semi4.jpg

Might be deceiving but it looks like it would drive like a brick!! 8)

3756139619_b806e37478.jpg

LOL...just noticed on the bigger pic I posted, which is bigger if you click on it, the front spokes in the wheel...they look like white styrene with a tiny aluminum cap!! ;D ;D ;D

Hey guys... can anyone think of some product (grocery store product, beauty product, whatever) that is thin tin with perforated holes...

4424.jpg

I made that...drilled 340 odd holes, but it's really wonky. Maybe perfect for this ratrod... but my OCD says too wonky...

Back