Big Kitty - Tamiya's Leo 2A6

BEO ,

They don't look that bad. You could try may be a subtle wash of Raw Umber ? Just a little bit, Although .... Truth be told, Since this is gonna be Radio controlled( which I forgot when I originally commented on th trax) , I'm sure it'll wear off a little - Just like th realy thing. Once you get her movin' through th gravel & dirt ... It'll look th part !!

Don't sweat it !! It Rox ... just let it Fly ! ;D

panzerace007 said:
BEO ,

They don't look that bad. You could try may be a subtle wash of Raw Umber ? Just a little bit, Although .... Truth be told, Since this is gonna be Radio controlled( which I forgot when I originally commented on th trax) , I'm sure it'll wear off a little - Just like th realy thing. Once you get her movin' through th gravel & dirt ... It'll look th part !!

Don't sweat it !! It Rox ... just let it Fly ! ;D

Thanks for the encouragement but the track pieces are for the front of the tank, mounted on the glacis plate of the hull as spare parts. The rust look I'm going for is from sitting in the elements.

Maybe a pigment combo to tone it down as well?

Another thing I'm looking to do is somehow take the 6" antenna whip and convert it into an internal antenna. Anyone ever do this before?

TANKS again for looking!

BEO ,

Ah ! I would say that in that case of spare track , th none use would look cool rusty !! Give it a shot dusting it down with some rust pigments. Although since you served on these ( right ??) that you have 1st. hand knowledge , so I'm sure it's spot on !!

I'm lookin forward to seein th Beasty run around in th Open country !!

Very impressive camo. Got to hand it to you guys who build and paint modern tanks with this camo scheme. The tracks look pretty good to me.But then it's in my fav color ;D

geegad said:
real nice you've got to get some video of it moving around

geegad

I will have something as soon as I get the internal antenna installed. Got a rough idea of what needs to be done.

Basically, 27 cm of 12 gauge copper wire coiled around 1/4" tubing evenly and not touching any other metal in the tank.

The turret is pretty tight though.

IMG_0373.jpg

I'm thinking in the lower left corner for a spot.

Well, it's been quite a while since I did an update. This isn't much of one though, I've been on course since mid Jan and didn't have very much time to put to the panzer...at least not as much as I wanted.

Just picked up an order from ECH of some AK products and tried out one last night.

AK's Dark Steel is amazing!

That is all. ;)

Beobachtungsbereich said:
I will have something as soon as I get the internal antenna installed. Got a rough idea of what needs to be done.

Basically, 27 cm of 12 gauge copper wire coiled around 1/4" tubing evenly and not touching any other metal in the tank.

I'm thinking in the lower left corner for a spot.

I don't think your antenna needs to be 12 gauge, or does it ?
It could be thinner and insulated... PVC coating only... won't affect reception ! and Remember that if you COIL it.... it will become very focused ! almost directional !

Can you make the two Tank antenna part of your Antenna system ? As long as you respect the LENGTH necessary for that Frequency.... or even look into making a Impedance matching circuit... to enable you have shorter antennas.... maybe you can get away with it ???

maybe some RC stores even Have such an Antenna kit...?

Directional as a transmitter....not as a reciever apparently.

Got that info from a Sigs guy who specializes in that stuff...and satelite stuff too.

Regards

Directional as a transmitter....not as a receiver apparently.

Got that info from a Sigs guy who specializes in that stuff...and satellite stuff too.

Regards

so do you mind showing us the ANTENNA you came to fabricate then ?? !!!

and nice paint job!!! love the Flash when then gun goes...

Keep us Updated !

schweinhund227 said:
Directional as a transmitter....not as a receiver apparently.

Got that info from a Sigs guy who specializes in that stuff...and satellite stuff too.

Regards

so do you mind showing us the ANTENNA you came to fabricate then ?? !!!

and nice paint job!!! love the Flash when then gun goes...

Keep us Updated !

I haven't put it in yet. Been busy on course for the past 6 weeks.

I plan on getting the entire build done over March break and I'll post some detail shots when it's all said and done.

Regards

Latest posts

Back