Big John’s 41 Willys Gasser

Big-John

An SMA Exclusive Build

I had a vision the other day……..Well, ok, I saw a picture on Face Book and I have been thinking about this ever since I saw it. ;D ;D ;D ;D

For those of you that saw the picture, please don’t spoil it. :-X :-X You’ll just have to keep an eye on this one to see where its going to go. ::) ::) ::)

Now, I’m not going to model the subject in the picture exactly. I stopped at Hobby Lobby tonight and they had this Gasser kit. I think it looks a little more aggressive for what I have in mind. ;)

gasser-2_zps27cf7d66.jpg

Its not a bad looking kit and it doesn’t look like there are that many parts there, so hopefully this will be a quick build.

gasser-3_zps80df5791.jpg

Stay tuned, and don’t turn the channel. 8)

Don't do Facebook, but looking forward to seeing this beauty come to life John! 8)

Oh !!! ...very cool ;D ...I know where this is heading ;D ;D Bring it on John .

Thank you fellas!

And thanks Chris for reminding me to update, LOL

I started on this as soon as I started the thread. I have it about 50% completed so far. This is going to be more about the paint than anything else, besides, I cant afford to get bogged down into super detailing another model right now, so I’m trying to keep this one out of the box as much as possible.

We don’t need any chrome on this one, so the first thing I did was break out the “Super Clean” and stripped the chrome off of the parts.

gasser-4_zps5cfb9d38.jpg

The interior tub is complete, except for the seat and steering wheel. I’ll install those after paint.

gasser-6_zpsb31394d9.jpg

I’m currently working on the chassis and engine. I will probably add plug wires to the engine.

gasser-5_zps41564bb4.jpg

I took a little break from this one while I continue weathering steps on my Sherman build. I’ll be back on it while I let things dry on the Sherman.

Big John's Willy is taking shape ;D ;D ....nice start mate ;)

Chris.

::)
Say, how is this one coming along?
I love a good Willys,
but,
a great one is even better!
Thank You for sharing
Later
Russ
;)

Latest posts

Back