Bandai , Mecha Collection #15

.. .. back from a search .

Evidently there were 13 ships of the class .

Hmmmm Lower ship , right . The Ibuki from the 741 hull #

75931_zpsk7lidvsx.jpg

Hmmmmm . No yellow anywhere . :p :p :p

Anyone with info , please chime in .

Uru

I was not able to log in over the weekend. The message said that this forum had been hacked. Now that I am at work, I cannot view your pics. :( If you are going for a color-accurate Murasame, the entire underside of the ship is an off-white. The prow is red, then there's that yellow stripe. The stripe where the bridge is matches that off-white (the two vents to either side of the bridge are yellow), then after that it's red again. The back is all yellow.

Here's a Google image search in Japanese to find plenty of pics of this ship. (Check out that Lego one! Nice!)

I made a post of my Murasame Mecha Collection build on my Tumblr page. I don't have the direct link since I can't access it at work, but if you go to stevethefishdotnet.tumblr.com and go back until last year or so, you can find my work on it. I held off until I can get waterslide decals made for this ship.

??? ??? Don't know anything about the site being down ,
In fact - I'm pretty sure nothing happened .. strange

I'm considering a color scheme from a ship from her class , like the Ibuki ...

I'll check thru more of those links

Thanks ,
Uru

Oh this is A W E S O M E!!!!!! I wish I had half of the time back that I spent watching Star Blazers as a young kid!!!!

Can't wait to see it completed.

Ron

Mr Fish ,
I like the Yuunagi there . ;D

An aside - since you no doubt read Japanese ?

I got 3 packages of modeling clay in my last Hobby Link Japan shipment .
Thought they were all air-dry per HLJ's site :p
The 'Mr Clay' is but evidently this one below is not --- and the orange super lightweight one I haven't opened yet ?

Here :

20151207_090449_LLS_zps5su9tmgg.jpg20151207_090525_LLS_zpsbx9uvy3k.jpg20151207_090538_LLS_zpsju6cjepg.jpg
20151207_093405_LLS_zps4i0qwgev.jpg

Thank you for the help ,
Uru

RKrebs said:
Oh this is A W E S O M E!!!!!! I wish I had half of the time back that I spent watching Star Blazers as a young kid!!!!

Can't wait to see it completed.

Ron

;D ;D
I never watched it as a kid .
A friend of mine in the Navy bought the whole series on VHS right before we got out ;D
.. I wonder if he still has em ... VHS ::)

I still haven't decided on the color scheme .
I figure I'll try and do it right -- if not , I'm thinking Black & Green(s) . Probably dark gray with black-a@$ panel lines .
I like the gray SteveTheFish used on his Yuunagi build .

My brain has locked on to the thought of building her in a much larger scale .
I like 1/200 .
I saw a length figure of 152 meters http://yamato.wikia.com/wiki/Murasame
so that's 2 and a half feet at 1/200 8) .. perfect .

I'm getting back on the Giraffe . ( ::) , lol - that sounds hilarious )
;D
.. so This can sit until I decide on the colors ..

BTW , I broke the port piece-of-mast off again late last night .
Twirling it with my fingers ::) ::) ::) ... thinking about something else . . like it was a pencil or something :p
What is Uru doing ?

Cheers !

... .. that kid is strung-out on that giraffe , man .. . ..

In Other News :

The Zumwalt left this morning on sea-trials

_the_largest_ever_b-a-13_1449506093887_zps6vifkamk.jpg

" The Mansard Menace TM " ;D

She cost as much as the carrier I was on .... or like 2 F22 's

urumomo said:
An aside - since you no doubt read Japanese ?

I got 3 packages of modeling clay in my last Hobby Link Japan shipment .
Thought they were all air-dry per HLJ's site :p
The 'Mr Clay' is but evidently this one below is not --- and the orange super lightweight one I haven't opened yet ?
HLJ is selling that? The white stuff with the bear is "abura nendo," or oil-based clay. It's not going to air dry. In fact, your hands will get oily by touching it. It's for kids to play with, and that's why it has that "ST" logo on the back ("safety toy"). If they're selling that as modeling clay, then I should talk to them about that. Their purchasing department should be paying better attention than that. Or, perhaps there's something I am not aware of? I'd recommend that you message them about that stuff, too.

As for that Hearty Orange stuff, It's called "lightweight modeling clay" as you can read in English. I assume that it's the same as Tamiya's Lightweight Modeling Clay. You can see my daughter using that stuff in this video. It says that you can add pigment to it to change the color. Is the clay itself orange? That stuff air dries, but it will have a spongy texture to it. It's not like GSI Creos's Mr. Diorama Clay.

I haven't opened the orange light-weight yet -- spongy is not useful ::) :p

I occasionally will add stuff to an order to find out what it is -- probably what I did ;)
HLJ is good about getting back to me with answers to questions about products ... might be days though depending when i ask ...

Here is their page for it :
( their "scratch-building material " tag is misleading :p , I thought it might be oven-fired if not air-dry . I don't use the oven stuff so I'm unfamiliar with the branding ,,, plus being all in Japanese and whatnot ;D)

http://www.hlj.com/product/PAD72111/Sup

Thanks for your help .

I have no use for the oil clay --- The Mr Clay that arrived in that haul works well . ;D

Uru

I'd say give that oil clay to your nephew/niece or somebody. First, send HLJ a message and ask them why they're selling that stuff. Of course, clay of any kind can fall into the "hobby" category, but that stuff is more for children, I think. My wife is a preschool teacher, and that's what she says. I have no idea if there are any uses for that in terms of plastic modeling.

I have used the oil based clay as balance weight in plastic models. Since it does not dry out it sticks and stays stuck forever. Holds wires in place without making them permanent. It also works great as a method to make parts like weapon racks stick yet be removable for changing them up from time to time. Just put a little bit in the locator pin hole.

No doubt .

I never regret material or tool purchases ;D .
You just need to consider any shelf-life issues .

I don't know about it having much adhesive ability .
I opened this one and the Mr Clay , did some random sculpting and stuck each to a piece of sheet styrene - pushing it thru a hole to see what I got .
That oil-clay didn't stick at all - or of course harden ;)

It will get used - I have no doubt ;D

Thanks Hagoth
Uru

Ah . Yes ;D

I've been playing with it . It's ideal for the uses you mention .
I see this as making me quite happy .
Mega - Useful .
And super cheap ;D

Cheers !

I have some of this coming from HLJ :

http://www.hlj.com/product/C1M1001

thinking this Murasame class ship will be it's first victim ... ;D

Cheers !

MoMo

That looks like it has some really cool potential. I'm curious what that metalizer will do to a clear part? ;)

I don't know but I'll find out ;D

When I saw that stuff I had to have it !
I think I bought the last one they had :eek:

El Mo Mo

urumomo said:
Round 3 - point - sumthin ::)

Looking at the box-art I realized that the mast needed way more material removed .

I got a little aggressive with the blade and broke off the port side :p .
Fixed it of course ,, this is really good styrene ;D . dense . easy to machine and glues well .
Thanks , Bandai ;)

So , the dent in the side is fixed - I need to replace the original, rectangular 'window'? detail that the putty obliterated .

20151205_094633_LLS_zps7sfirivw.jpg

The mast is probably as lithe as it will get .. . maybe a bit more file work :-\ :

20151205_094700_LLS_zpsohak1bwz.jpg20151205_100111_LLS_zpsvmtss0q4.jpg

I'm doing the same colors but toning down the red . Less orange-y

Cheers ,
Uru
Looking great, Uru!
If you add some greebles, this makes for a great 1/2256th scale Star Wars design. I use a Bolar Cruiser from the original line as the base for several civilian SW builds- it's just a perfect spaceship base to get creative with!

As to colors on your build, maybe go with a white and blue Air Force One scheme. You could download the presidentisl seal and make decals. The front really foes resemble the design from the new BSG
Could be a unique build- though I'm sure it'll rock in traditional colors too

Looking forward to what you come up with!

LOL !
Add some greebles ? it IS a greeble ;D

The AirForceOne suggestion is probably the most specific idea I've ever gotten :eek: ;D

I'm going to experiment with that C1 Metalizer for this one - so I'm not sure yet what colors willl go down .
Maybe the standard dazzle scheme modified or something totally different ...

Let's see ;
20151214_085421_zps2bflu9ty.jpg

@ 100 mm exactly ( neat ) that puts her at 225.6 meters or 740 feet scaled for 1/2256 8)

sounds about right for a ship of this class , , , maybe a bit long for a destroyer -- closer to a Heavy Cruiser
I wonder what scale this is supposed to be .
Previously I remarked that the Yamato.wikia.com stated her length at 152 meters
putting the scale at 1/1520

Too big a scale for you , Jason ;) ;D

Love the participation here , guys !
Definitely getting my $2.60 's worth .

Cheers ,
Uru

Make her a 1:2256 scale passenger liner!
Add a ton of windows along the sides of the hull- give her a bright paint scheme and sime Aurbesh (SW font) lettering along the bow for the ship's name.
200ish meters works nicely for a cruise ship!

Latest posts

Back