Babylon 5 Starfury-Queen of Spades

Thanks, guys.
John, you're right about being done soon. I've been decalling her all week. Soon to be done with that and turning to weathering

All right.
Start with final assembly as the thrusters are now all in place.
Starfury-SMA-20.jpg
Starfury-SMA-21.jpg

Then, after a coat of Future, I set about using a combination of kit decals, and the custom markings I made, to work decalling the kit.
Some of the smaller white markings were painted on by hand as I didn't want to deal with 1/16" wide decals in some spots.
With the decals applied, I gave her another coat of Future and set to doing some weathering.
I applied a black wash to the guns and all of the thrusters, then gave the rest of the kit a wash of Vallejo smoke.
With the wash dried, I drybrushed some more bits with the Vallejo smoke then put another coat of sealer over her.
I removed the masks from the canopy, and called this one done.

Finished pics:
Starfury-SMA-22.jpg
Starfury-SMA-23.jpg
Starfury-SMA-24.jpg
Starfury-SMA-25.jpg
Starfury-SMA-26.jpg
Starfury-SMA-27.jpg
Starfury-SMA-28.jpg
Starfury-SMA-29.jpg
Starfury-SMA-30.jpg

Youtube link:
Starfury-Queen of Spades-SMA BSC-Part 3-Finale

WOW Q!! Congrats on the finish!!! She is a beauty too!! The metallic effect is excellent and really shows this piece off!! Well done!! ;)

Wow brilliant build Q, I've never seen this Starfury kit, looks well detailed

Cave_Dweller said:
That looks great, how'd you do that custom decal? it turned out really good

I really like the decal, how did you make it

John

Thanks for the compliments, guys.
I'm glad it turned out as well as it did.

Jaitea, Cave_Dweller,
The decal was rendered in Poser 9, then printed onto clear decal paper at the right size.
( Working in Poser is one of my other hobbies, and the Queen herself is one of the characters I've had in the program for awhile. )

This looks great Quaralane! :eek:

Your thread was a treat as well; nice updates, and your build log videos are looking good too! Thank you for sharing sir! :)

Wow, I blink my eyes and it is done! Nice fast work on this kit!

And the custom decal worked great!

Thanks, guys.

John, sometimes it flies.
Getting the feeling this may be another multi-build year for me.

Holy moly Q, at the rate you went with this one you could have put together fifteen of the kits Im doing and I havent even really began assembling mine yet ha ha. Good stuff man. Really like this one. Ever since I started watching Steve Neills videos on you tube Ive really started taking a interest in Sci-Fi. Shall see what the future holds. I really like this build though. Super job as with all your kits. Great clean work.

Latest posts

Back