B-Wing Starfighter

Splashcoat

This is my build up of the old AMT 1/94th scale Snap-Tite B-Wing kit. It’s built mostly straight-from-the-box; the only modifications I made were the addition of etched brass mesh behind the intake and exhaust housings, necessary in order to cover up the see-through nature of the fuselage. And some minor detailing around the wing hinges - the kit is designed to allow the wings to fold, but I glued them in a fixed position and covered-up the hinges. The paint scheme is a combination of grey acrylics. A B-Wing fighter is never seen very clearly on screen so I took some artistic license with the markings and weathering; the markings come from an old WWII Japanese Fighter decal sheet and the weathering is a combination of airbrushed reddish/brown acrylics and pastel chalk trailing back from the panel line leading edges.
bwing5.jpg

bwing4.jpg

bwing3.jpg

bwing2.jpg

bwing1.jpg

bwing.jpg

bwing17.jpg

Nice!! The B-wing is one of my favorites from Star Wars!!! I need to find this kit.

Did pretty good with that kit.
Out of the box, she tends to look more like a toy than a model. Nice job

SPLASH,

Cool, Cool, Cool !!! Awesome job on th Weathering !!! It may be a B-Wing .... I give it an A !!!

SooooWeet !!! ;D

Thanks to all for the kind words. This little kit is a bit of a pain to build but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

You know for such a small scale that came out fantastic. I just ripped the wing off mine and boomeranged it across the lawn into the mouth of my neighbors yellow lab. :-X

Glorfindel said:
You know for such a small scale that came out fantastic. I just ripped the wing off mine and boomeranged it across the lawn into the mouth of my neighbors yellow lab. :-X

LOL LOL ;D

Glorfindel said:

I almost did the same thing myself; this thing IS tiny :)

dsc0002sm.jpg

Latest posts

Back