B-17F Flying Fortress

You started with the ordinance....... I like you already!...
anim_headbang.gif

thats 1/72 or less, my 1/48th scale B-17s fuselage is about a good 3 to 5 inches longer than that one is, and about a half an inch taller, at least it appears to be...

Thanks for the inspiring comments all! I grew up with the Memphis Belle in my local museum Wright Patterson AFB. My pops was in the USAF and I had unlimited access to these awesome planes! I'm going to do something VERY different with this though, so stay tuned!

And, it's 1/72

Awesome! I too get inspired by many items in that museum. Good Luck mate.

hmmm ... Flying Fortress ... lovely aircraft.

What sort of paint scheme or particular aircraft are you going to model?

I'm thinking of the Memphis Belle. This is the plane that I grew up staring at many weekends in the Wright Patt AFB Museum. I am considerring an alternate ending for the plane though, maybe a wreck or something cool. Running out of time already.

sending you Positive Waves.... Build Build build my friend.....

Time is a wastin.... got to get that Baby together.... LOL

seriously... lots of time left !!! just pray for Rain !!! then its Indoor time !!!

Keep up the good work !!!

xman777 said:
I'm thinking of the Memphis Belle. This is the plane that I grew up staring at many weekends in the Wright Patt AFB Museum. I am considerring an alternate ending for the plane though, maybe a wreck or something cool. Running out of time already.

I didn't know she had moved. I have pics of her in Memphis mid 90's when she was under the big tarp like building. I could see some wear and tear from the elements and bird poo all over her then. I'm glad to see she found a safer place. How's the build going?

Well, the build did not make it to the finish line, I got sent to Europe for quite some time. Not a total waste though, I will eventually finish.

Latest posts

Back