The Flying Dump Truck (plan B)

Neo

What do you mean i'm addicted to Airplanes!
hey Guys

for those of you who followed my short SuperBug entry well this is plan B, for the rest shame on you :p

Kit : 1/48 Tamiya Skyraider often called the flying dump truck

I got this kit has a prize right here in the BSC 2012 from SMA Spud. Thanks buddy.
and since we fight for honor , im gona honor him and try to build the best skyraider ever

this one will be out of the box although i had a serious hitch for the new wolfpack wingfold set!!

here is the proof of life
DSC_0398-8%20.jpg

and the current progress

DSC_0012-4.jpg

DSC_0013-5.jpg

DSC_0017-9.jpg

Ive never built a tamiya kit before and i must say its goes together nicely. One thing i was a little disapointed on is that contrairy to the kit the weapons have serious fit issues and has of now are what required the most work

More soon

Cheers

Neo

Wow im glad you guys are following along ! i was afraid interest would be faint !

ahhh motivation

Allright here is an update

Since i make it a personal mission to try something new on every build i make this time i decided to try and do a pannel line wash prior to painting instead of a preshade with my airbrush.

Personnally i thisk its a hell of a lot less work!!! and i really liek the result!

DSC_0088-1.jpg

the underside was primed with humbrol aluminium paint has i find it makes it alot easier to do a white paintjob.

DSC_0089-2.jpg

then i hit it with MM flat white. and if i say so myself this is my nicest paint job to date!. im still having trouble ajusting to my new LED ceiling lights in my man cave and the color in my pictures are a bit off

DSC_0088-12.jpg

DSC_0100-13.jpg

DSC_0102-15%20.jpg

DSC_0104-17.jpg

More to come soon!!

Thanks for following

Cheers

Neo

Will you be making the one with toilet attached instead of one of the bombs?

Lookin great!! lots of progress..Luv the Skyraider,,a tank with wings... Great subject.. :)

Biskup said:
Will you be making the one with toilet attached instead of one of the bombs?
That was what i originally wanted to do with this kit but could not find the resin toilet kit ! But i do like theses marking better than the one with the toilet!

cargoman5126 said:
Lookin great!! lots of progress..Luv the Skyraider,,a tank with wings... Great subject.. :)

Thanks. gotto love the heavy load these plane can carry!

Thanks guys

Ive been taping away and painted the anti glare in prep for the main body paint job... baby girl dosent take long enouph naps for me to get thing done at but hey thats the life!

More progress soon

Cheers
Neo

Alright top color is on!

Pics tonight

Alright well i know i said i was gona post pics but life/baby/summer/yard work well you know the drill ....

BUT there is an update! decals are about 90% done and weathering should be starting soon

Cheers

Neo

I do know the drill. Life first, model second. Waiting for those photos! Get to them when you can.

Well shes all done. but for some reason i cant seam to get a decent pic with my camera.

ill try some more

Try a neighbor's camera if need be! This certainly deserves a goot shot! 8)

Lol its not the camera its my lighting conditions. Im using a nikon d5200 dslr :p

All done guys

thanks for all your support and kind comments

Here is a teaser

ENJOY

DSC_0332-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back