AT-ST at the shield generator bunker

Ian

So there's this...

Ei6lFAQPAjgcTCdY

...which I'm hoping will turn into this...

h11RsJOXj9beZmz

...except 10 years after Return of the Jedi.

Essentially a forgotten ruin.

It's actually the MPC 1:48 (or 1:54) kit.

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/AT-ST%20PAGE.htm

Cool.
I should edit and say that I really think that detail pops. There room for improvement on the guns...pretty easy but takes time. The ear flaps look sooooo much better when added from stock plastic. Allows for the hollow part and gives you TONS of scale. The windows opened looks alot better too...and thin out the plastic to look like an accurate scale and bam...another major improvement.

Then it's paint.

This can be awesome and I believe you can do it.

Here's the original rant.
So.....accurizing that kit. How far would you want to go? Lots. I mean LOTS can be done. Some of those German friends have rocked this kit.

Scott Girvan said:
There room for improvement on the guns...pretty easy but takes time. The ear flaps look sooooo much better when added from stock plastic. Allows for the hollow part and gives you TONS of scale. The windows opened looks alot better too...and thin out the plastic to look like an accurate scale and bam...another major improvement.

Then it's paint.

This can be awesome and I believe you can do it.

Thanks man! You're thinking like I'm thinking.

Already been experimenting with some gun mods, and I definitely want to add the ear flaps to show the depth, and open up those windows. What areas do you think need thinning?

Gotcha, John.

Worked on those today in fact. I cut and removed the molded ports, fabricated replacements, and then scratch built the hinges. The angle is a little higher than what you see in the film however. Hope it doesn't look odd.

NFhLOJInRnIT1BY

iwqSxSTD3ZvKepQR

Ian, that makes such an improvement, in the film none of the AT-ST's had their hatches closed.

I see what you mean about the angle.....the angle of the opened hatches was slightly lower ....level with the roof

ScreenShot2014-10-19at230412_zps3a97554c.png

.....and Chewie's had a scar on the front plate

ScreenShot2014-10-19at230956_zpsdabd50f0.png

J

I'd likely thin those doors down a little, but you're definitely on the right track

Hey Ian, theres some nice reference photos here:
http://imgur.com/a/Zt9Y4?gallery

5dKh3hG.jpg

Grabbed from the digital making of books

J

Latest posts

Back