armor paint chipping

detailfreak

hey everyone, not to long ago I was checking out an armor build by someone on here and they had done an amazing job of paint chipping on a tank. I wish I could remember who and what the subject was. anyway I was wondering about the techniques some of you folks use for chipping effects.

there is a few, Hair spray the New AK chipping fluids and Rock salt, ive not tried teh rock salt my self,

one you have your base cost down decan some of teh hairspray into your airbrush, this give you more control with it, spary on 2 or 3 even coats let that dry. Next get some Warm tap water and some old stuff brushes and wet the paint and start to wrork it until it starts to remove the top coat.

ild recomend you trying it on scrap first.

the salt one is eat were you want chipping apply the salt wait till dry spaint and use the stiff brush to remove teh salt.

on my current tiger build i used the AK chipping fluids and they are great no smell from them.

Hope this is somwhat helpfull.

IMG_0781.jpg
this is my samba bus im working on i just got done doing this, the paint is vellago wich is normaly hard to remove with teh hs but with the ak fluids it comes off really easy.

I use a combination of varnish, hairspray, salt, and toothpicks.

Take a look at YouTube - there're lots of good tutorials there...

Hey spud, did you suss out how long you have to work with the AK chipping fluids before the stuff stopsd working?

um no... i forgot.. ill do it in a and let ya know tomorrow :)

DetailFreak ,

I'll still do it th 'Ol school way & add wear & chips generally at th same time. taking a couple fo different small brushes to add scratches & chips with Vallejo's German Black/Brown . I haven't had a chance to try th AK Chippin' Fx ! They look th Bomb !

Great job on th Samba SPUD !

I haven't tried , but have seen, the Hairspray method in a some Demos. It's best to only let th HS dry for an Hour ( Tre Semme seems to be the drug of choice) , then shoot your top coat ( best results seem to come from using Tamiya as th top coat for this particular method), after about an hour of drying time for the top coat, take a brush dipped n water & your off to th races !

Latest posts

Back