Are you ready for the 2012 BIG Spring Contest?

Are you ready for the 2012 BIG Spring Contest?

• Yes

Votes: 70 61.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Waiting for info/details

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • Not participating

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • What contest?

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Scott Girvan said:
Dark Kyp said:
Some projects in mind ready to start, just waiting for the rules! ;D

Is it possible to show a nearly ended project?

Not in the contest. All entries have to be new builds, completely unstarted as of April 1st, 12:01 AM.

I should have time to get the rules up tomorrow.

Stand by...

ok thanks ;)

This is great, thanks so much Scott (and the staff) for organising and setting up this years compition. Great prizes, really excited for this! Orange squid head standing by.

I'm going to give it a try this time, I actually have a few unbuilt kits in their boxes (really).
Now to choose one of the following.

1/350 Refit- Nope saving that for a long long build, may take years.
1/24 pickup- Had planned on converting it to a space pickup but never found an astronaut
1/48? B-24 bomber- This could be a great build, nice and big with plenty of details
1/1000 TOS Enterprise- great ship but I hate the snap together aspect
1/1000 Klingon- as above

Your pic is packed with sheer awesomeness, Grendels!! So excited for this! My Armor entry will probably be blown away by the rest of you pro's, but I have a feeling that my vehicle entry could be a contender! So excited!!!! Did I mention that? ;D

Well, I have a short list compiled with 11 kits, Id like to do 1 or 2 entries for the GB depending on the complexity of the kits I chose. Well, I got a week or so to think about it.

I would say, I pulled out of the Stash about the same amount of kits as you Carsenault.... and trying to pick ONE That would be "fun" to build for the next 3 months...? and not something I already did... is a little harder to do than I expected!

Fun is the name of the GAME !!!

TBadger said:
Airmedical said:
THE GREAT PUMPERNICKLE STANDING BY!!!!!!
Did you know that pumpernickel roughly translates to "Fart Goblin" ?? :)
I'm anxious to find out about the guidelines. Thus will be my first entry and I can't wait !!

I think my wife would agree with the fart part. ::)
Anybody remember Daffy Duck as the Great P-P-Pumpernickle.
I guess Nickles bread has Fart Goblin Bread? ::) Mmmmm! Moist and soft!

Actually, Airmedical, Daffy was the "Scarlet Pumpernickle"

Definitely ready for this to all get started. Need to finish final planning on mine, but I know where I'm going with it

sort of ready. never entered before but thought what the hell. scott and everyone one else put alot of time and effort into this site so i think it deserve,s a bit of my time and effort . i am a novice and hope i can get a model finished and to a descent standard in time.
keep up the good work guy's i think this site's bang on :)

The short list went to 12 possibles, before being whittled down to 6, 1 auto, 1 armor and 4 aircraft. Im not a quick builder, but 3 of the aircraft I could easily do in the alloted time, the remaining a/c and the 2 targets might take a little longer but I could complete on time if I pushed myself. Im kinda taking your advice Norm and narrowed it down to items I have wanted to build for a long time or ones I havent done in a long time.

Carsenault, try to lessen the number of kits it would give you enough time to focus on your entry, just in case :)

Aaahhh, the pressure is driving me nuts. I'm going through my stash trying to pick a kit plus I'm putting in an order to spruebrothers soon so I was thinking maybe one of those kits that I'm ordering. Its like a chinese menu!! Lol I'm sure I will settle on one soon.

Grendels said:
I hope it is two, I need to get you that prize!

Exactly. Gotta pick two that I can actually complete. I have one chosen...just need to determine the second. Don't want any epic build...just normal.

Latest posts

Back