ARCHER Fine Transfers has started a Video series !!

oh now i know i want some, there Awsome, thanks for sharing Erik

Got to be honest...watching the videos made me look over the catalog and I just spent $20 so brilliant marketing on Woody's part ;). Great guy too...I remember talking with him and Saúl at AMPS in Va last April. The flag technique was especially cool!

Yep ! Great Tool they put together....

They do have Awesome products... but I find that sometime you pay a little much for what you get !

Not in quality but in quantity...!!! other companies have released! either at the same time or just after... equivalent products.... but in much Larger sheets !

Anyhow ! Those Videos sure makes our life at Guessing... a little easier !

Thanks for sharing ! very useful in deed !

Norm.

:) Mmmm… I´m a bit puzzled… today´s experience hasn’t been positive.
´
Maybe “there is something wrong” with the surface where I´ve tried to apply a couple of Archer transfers… it has happened to me today… I´ve followed their written instructions and… the transfers have only “transferred” to the surface partially (they have been damaged: broken). :p
´
The surface was a flat plastic one, airbrushed with an acrylic color, and then airbrushed with semi-gloss varnish… it was dry and absolutely free from dirt, dust, finger grease, etc… I´ve used a Nº2 pencil, and prior of rubbing the transfer with the pencil I´ve immobilized the set to the plastic surface with masking tape. I must insist: I´ve followed their instructions.
´
I´ve got a disaster after another, and my cursing could be heard in the Scott-Amundsen South Pole Base. :mad:
´
I hadn´t the “decal paper” specified to use a “wet method” that is referred in their written instructions, so I have had to “charge frontally” against the problem: I´ve soaked the transfers and with a sharp blade I´ve taken them out of their support-paper… then I´ve “landed” them in the model. Cursing all the time, yeah. :( :p
´
I must also say that I´ve used Archer to make a couple of SS vehicle plates, and I didn´t had any problem… then it worked 100% OK. Piece of cake. :)
´
Maybe today´s airbrushed plastic surface wasn´t perfectly flat ? ? ? ???

Did you get those a long time ago? Perhaps you bought them from a website or hobby shop that had them a while?

I only ask this because you mention you used Archer before with no problems. It could be the set you have has 'gone bad'.

Woody is extremely easy to talk to and deal with, a super nice guy who would be happy to help you. He stands behind his product 100% and if you simply tell him your problems, I bet you get them replaced.

Just look at his guarantee:

We back all of my merchandise with an unconditional* money back guarantee, the terms of which are very simple. If you're not happy, we're not happy. You have your choice of a replacement or refund, either of which will arrive promptly and courteously.

* Unconditional as in if they don't stick, you're not happy with the way they sick, they stick to your finger, your kid sticks them on his bike, your wife threw them away, your dog ate it, it flew out the window or you lost it. Unconditional simply means unconditional.

You can also look at his F.A.Q. page and read about this type of an issue.

http://www.archertransfers.com/PAGE_FAQ.html

Just scroll down to "I can't get them to stick to my model, what am I doing wrong?"

:) Ken, thank you very much for the Archer´s link. I didn´t knew about its existence. I´ll make the test tonight.

I bought the set directly fom Archer, maybe one year ago or so. Lately they have been in a cold / fresh place, but out of the light, perfectly stored.

I must say that I like a lot Archer´s products and their product guarantee policy is clearly a strong added value as a bussiness. Thumbs up. I´ll keep buying them. ;)

;D Spud, buddy... so when -in the future-... I hear a very faaar scream cursin´in Gaelic ... must I assume that it was you doing "the experiment" ? ? ? ;D ;D

Cheers, guys, and again, thank you very much ;)
RG

I've always wanted to try their products. I like the idea of a transfer better than a decal for military modeling and the like. Now I'll have to put Archer on the top of my list when I have extra $$$.

Just did "the test" 10 minutes ago.

The transfer "transferred" OK to a paper sheet.

So they were in good condition and free from defect.

Now the question is: why a flat, airbrushed surface, clean, finger-untouched, perfectly cured, dry, wasn´t able to receive the transfers ? ??? :p ::) ???

??? :p :(
Any theory ? ???
RG

Latest posts

Back