ARC 170 - pic heavy

Here is the shell for the pod. I am rather pleased to have this done. It was a pain to draw, a pain to build the forms, a pain to vac and a pain to assemble. The canopy master is the last major assembly and then it is smooth sailing.

arc170033.jpg

I am making some decisions as to how far to take the details. The scale will allow for some super detailing and making too many of those decisions in the master can limit the creativity later. I am going to etch a brass set, but I think some of those details will be in the mold.

I will probably start the pilot figures relatively soon so I can layout the cockpit.

Hayden said:
Here is the shell for the pod. I am rather pleased to have this done. It was a pain to draw, a pain to build the forms, a pain to vac and a pain to assemble.

It was worth the pain my friend, that is beautifully done, :eek: & so clean for such a complex shape.

If it was me i would super detail, just because too many molded details look a bit unrealistic to me, but thats just me ::)

You also do your own etching , i'm impressed buddy
Great stuff, ;D

Gag

here's where we are. A little behind schedule but not terrible. It's been a hundred and stupid in my shop this summer.

arc170035.jpg

Superb. Here I sit and complain about not having a Y-Wing in 1 4/8th scale.
I am just blown away by this. Truly amazing!

Simply amazing stuff, Hayden. Great work! Is that a vacuum mold set up you have with the front fuselage/nose cone pieces? If so, how did you get the shape you wanted underneath? Again, Awesome!

I'll have an update soon. I was interrupted for a few days by other issues.

multicam, the form is shown fairly early on in the thread. It was made in halves. The landing gear pod was done the same way, but a little more involved in building the final piece.

Latest posts

Back