Arado E381 Parasite Miniature Fighter

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
This was a hypothetical design- Luft 46' -, it was to be carried by the Arado 234 jet bomber, the E381
would detatch and provide fighter cover for the bomber. Pilot would lay prone to fly it, rocket power for
propulsion, armed with a single 30mm canon. Fuselage was carved out of wood and the wings and tail
section are styrene. Kettenkrad & figures are Tamiya, Dolley is Hasagawa, and plane cradle is
scratchbuilt. Painted with Vallejo acrylics. Decals from spares.
modelpics7039.jpg
modelpics7032.jpg
modelpics7026.jpg
modelpics7029-1.jpg
modelpics7035.jpg
modelpics7030.jpg
All comments are welcomed.

Incredible detail for a scratch build! Love the camo, chipping and composition of this model. Fantasic. keep em' coming!

Sorry I hadn't replied in a while. Thanks for the warm comments. I appreciate
the feedback I receive here on SMA! Just glad to be a part of all the other terrific models
being shown here on the forum. Thanks.

WOW! Nicely done. I've seen various pics / sketches of that one. What did you use for the glass portions?

@ Vance Crozier, the canopy was made out of clear plastic packeging. The kind that is
thermo-formed for whatever they are selling. Took alot of trial and error to find 2 pieces to fit.
Thanks for the comments.

PANZERMAN said:
@ Vance Crozier, the canopy was made out of clear plastic packeging. The kind that is
thermo-formed for whatever they are selling. Took alot of trial and error to find 2 pieces to fit.
Thanks for the comments.

Nice job finding the plastic to fit the countours, looks like proper sections of plexi built for the "kit".

Latest posts

Back