Does anybody have a good diagram of a generic WWII Fighter?

I'm using the wrong names for stuff and I am not coming up with the right search term to come up with a diagram that shows me the difference between a Flap and an ailleron or what the name of the ubiquitous skinny little projection sticking out from the leading edge of the wing is. That I know is not a machine gun. What are the little wings on the tail called etc. I watch airplane videos and look at pictures but they assume I know that stuff and sometimes I think I do but I don't

cobraleader

the little protrusions on the leading edge of the wing - i think they are called pitot tube
the wings at the back I think are called Horizontal Stabilizers

urumomo

the Baron

Ich bin ja, Herr, in Deiner Macht
The pitot tube is an air inlet, used to help measure airspeed. There are different styles, not all of them in the form of a long tube protruding from the leading edge of a wing. On the B-17, there were 2, if I remember correctly, and they were mounted on the underside of the fuselage, forward. They were enclosed in an aerodynamically-shaped housing, like small forward-pointing horns. On the B-24, eventually, they were mounted on the top of the fuselage, about 3 feet back of the nose turret. These were also mounted in an aerodynamically-shaped housing, but it was about 2 feet long. And those are just a couple of examples.

Urumomo, I noticed I had not pressed post after I wrote a reply to your diagram. Bitchin it is exactly what I what I needed.

Baron nowI know why some planes don't have pitot tubes on the wings. Thanks

Latest posts