Arachnarok Spider

That creature is something else and Sarah has the talent to bring it to life too. :eek:

Tony lee

:) Well, I don´t hate spiders, snakes, insects, etc... I like to eat shrimps and they are not exactly "Rodolfo Valentinos" ... ;D I´m more afraid :p :p :p :p :p of Goldman Sachs well-dressed hominids... THAT really scares me :p.

I like that spider a lot, Sarah, really
I think I could boil it with some sea water and eat it after drinking also some white wine; it seems to me a very familiar edible large sea-crab that I like a lot.

Seriously, Sara, that spider is SUPERB: a load of congrats...
RG

Hi Guys!
Sorry, I've been quite busy over the week, so I really didn't get aroud to finishing the videos and posting here.
Tadaaah... The spider is done (well, my part anyway) and gone. I painted the base last friday night and put in the finishing touches saturday. Sunday morning I had to leave for my monthly D&D game and the model had to be finished by then, because I don't get to see my friends until the party on the 19th, the spider being a present. Unfortunately it all got a little chaotic in the end, I had to do tons of stuff in an very short amount of time, lots of preperation for the game since I am the DM. I really wanted to shoot some nice pics with good lighting and background, I invested in a lighttend a while back, and do a video with the finished thing, but didn't get around to that in the end. So I edited together some footage a shot during the build, I hope you like it. I am still working on this video thing experimenting a lot. I have my eyes on a new camera... mayhap for christamas if I'm good, Santa will throw one in. ;D

Arachnarok Spider - A progress update 3

Arachnarok Spider - A progress update 4

and of course some pictures, for the ones that don't want to sit through my blabbering...

arachnarokc1.jpg

arachnarokd2.jpg

arachnarokd3.jpg

arachnarokd4.jpg

arachnarokd5.jpg

arachnarokd6.jpg

arachnarokd7.jpg

arachnarokd8.jpg

arachnarokd10.jpg

arachnarokd11.jpg

arachnarokd12.jpg

Thanks for your patiens and your kind words... already have another nice project cooking. ;)

Sarah.

:) Sarah, Sarah, Sarah,

What to say,

The spider looks AWESOME. Believe me: HER EYES SEEMS TO BE ALIVE. Incredible.

I´m fully aware that the figure has been beautifully painted, master grade results, but the glow of the eyes is simply incredible. I like also a lot the little green spots in the sides/lower part of her body... those bright almost translucent colors give a lot of life to the figure. Wonderful.

And what a mess has that "crab" done to the lil´creatures in the dio :p

Just a question: shouldn´t have a spider like that have a cave to hide their preys?? just the opening of the cave near... a cavern...

Please, keep on posting, Sarah, and bring on more vids ! ! ! :)
RG

Thank you very much guys!
I received some photos of the the finished spider via email today. Since today is my friends party I will surely shoot a little video, bought a ltitle camcorder ;D pretty low quality but better than my webcam. I guess I am going to upload a little clip tomorrow...

Painting the eyes is rally easy actually. I painted them dark red then painted the lower half in a blood red, painted the lowest quarter in a dark orange and painted a thin stripe on the bottom edge in a light orange. I used a red wash (GW Baal Red) to bring the colours together, set some reflection points in the upper part of the eye in white and put a gloss coat on. Voila! Since the eyes are huge, well in comparison to eyes I usually paint, this was quite easy.

Startet working on my next project, even bigger than thins one.... update... probably tomorrow.

Happy painting to all of you, Sarah.

Just me (again) sparing a few minutes before goin´to the city, shuttling my wife´s daughter...

Sarah... I wish that you were going to model several chargin´ MUMAKIL... ;)

I´m sure everybody here awaits impatiently more models from you... :)
RG

Sarah ...What can I say that hasnt been said :) Fantastic paintwork on the spider ,really like how its came together . The base is excellent too ...love the boots ;D

Hope to see more of these ;)

Chris.

Well, ähem would one be enough... several is a bit beyond my budget, but I took my Mumak, I started way back, off the shelf, collected the box with the howda and the crew from basement storage and dusted it off. ;D Our Jelly is a genuine mindreader :eek:
I try to get some WIPs that have been that for a very long time off the cue. I still have some on the backburner and in the fridge (or freezer) ;D And I still got my planes .... did I mention the Enterprise TOS 1/650, and the ....... wow... too many projects not enough time. I promised myself not to buy anything new (new kit I mean) until I have finished several of my WIPs.

Thanks again to all of you for the kind words. That has been a great help finally getting a project done from start to finish in a reasonable amount of time and not to slack off with it.

Happy painting, Sarah.

I think we've all promised ourselves at sometime not to buy any more until some are finished ....it never works ...lol good luck , look forward to the next project ;)

Chris.

Hi!
Yesterday was my friends birthdayparty and he received his gift. He seemed to be quite pleased, but maybe that was only our threat of violence should he not like his gift :p
I shot a little video but the lighting was that bad, that you can see virtually nothing so I didn't bother making a video. fortunately my other friends, those who painted the other part of the Spider ( howda and goblin crew) took some pictures before packing it and here they are:

arachnaroke1.jpg

arachnaroke2.jpg

arachnaroke3.jpg

arachnaroke4.jpg

arachnaroke5.jpg

Thought you might want to see it finished. Now I guess I can look forward for my dwarves to get a wuppin by some model I painted myself... :D

Happy painting, Sarah.

:eek: Yeah, Nice work!! lots of detail packed in that "thing"

For some reason, those little green creatures reminds me of "Gremlins" ;D

:) Howdy, Sarah,

So your project is finished, and looks really awesome!

But... well, Sarah, nothing´s perfect ;D... you forgot a VERY important thing... ::)

As the spider´s back is more crowded than Piccadilly Circus @ 1900 hrs...

... you forgot to set a PUB in her back... ;D ;D

OK, thats a superb model Sarah, CON-GRATS !

Now let´s move to the MUMAK ;D

Not a mind reader, Sarah, I´ve just seen 1 & 1/2 seasons of "The Mentalist" ;D
RG ;)

Latest posts

Back