'Hero-Maker' Iron Man and Spider-man

Quaralane

While working on how I'm going to light up the secondary hull on the Enterprise, I decided to take a quick look at the new "Hero-Maker" kits from Revell.
They're fairly basic snap together fare, but they look decent enough once built.
These will both be likely getting further "treatment," but I figured I'd at least start with them as they come out of the package.

They're both made out of something akin to vinyl. And there are no instructions provided, although they're really not all that necessary, either

We start with their version of the Iron Man Mk42 as seen in the latest movie
IronMan-42-Revell-01.jpg

This one has the seams mostly put along armor joints, which is good.
Has the 'option' of removable panels, but the large insertion pegs make that look far too toy-like.
The detail is decent for the size (he stands about 8" tall) and the pre-paint is 'okay' for the target audience.
Whole thing went together in about 5 minutes, with only one really bad joint alon the waist that will DEFINITELY be getting glued for the final assembly and repainting.
IronMan-42-Revell-02.jpg
IronMan-42-Revell-03.jpg
IronMan-42-Revell-04.jpg
IronMan-42-Revell-05.jpg
IronMan-42-Revell-06.jpg

Spider-man's up next, in a crouched pose.
SpiderMan-Revell-01.jpg

His seams are an issue, mostly because of the way they did them with his costume.
There are also a couple of odd pieces for the sides of his abdomen that were likely to make fitting the waist easier.
SpiderMan-Revell-02.jpg
SpiderMan-Revell-03.jpg
SpiderMan-Revell-04.jpg
SpiderMan-Revell-05.jpg
SpiderMan-Revell-06.jpg

Youtube link:
Revell Iron Man mk42 and Spider man

I first saw the Iron man mentioned in ECH's Revell updates awhile back.
Waited until I saw them in the local WalMart before grabbing them, though

Latest posts

Back