Appearance of Godzilla 1991 Resin Model

It looks great!
I can see what you mean about the sub, but hey, this is about the "BIG-G"!!!! :) ;D ;D ;D
I really like the pix you took! You rawkked this bad boy!

Hey everyone!

Well, I've begun work on my 4th resin model! I decided to put 2 other kits on the back burner to tackle this:

photo-1_zpscdf05084.jpg

It's called Godzilla Evolution. IMO, it could also be called Rabid Godzilla. He looks insane here.

GodziEvo2Cu.jpg

I wanted to take what's an already good looking kit and elevate the ferociousness. My goal is to make this a 'bloody version', as if Godzilla just tore an adversary to shreds. I'm not sure if you can tell, Godzilla's pose is as if he's looking left.

I'd like to create a rope of saliva to accentuate the pose. So, question. How do I create saliva that will hang in mid air originating from the mouth? I've tried hot glue in ice cold water. It forms solid fast, but I can't control the shape.

I'd appreciate ANY advice. Thanks!

Definitely a different take on the big guy.
Almost more of an anime feel to this version

You did a great job on him!!!
He looks a wee bit shaggy, though.
I know that's how the kit is.
;D ;D

Now THAT is an intense Godzilla sculpt! Though, he looks like he might be made out of thick whipped potatoes ;D

Proj2501 said:
...I'd like to create a rope of saliva to accentuate the pose. So, question. How do I create saliva that will hang in mid air originating from the mouth? I've tried hot glue in ice cold water. It forms solid fast, but I can't control the shape.

I'd appreciate ANY advice. Thanks!

What about artist's gel medium? I've seen an anime modeler use a gel medium to reproduce beads of water or sweat on figure's skin. The modeler is Cody Kwok, and his website is at http://codyscoop.com/ . He does some incredible work.

I think you might be able to use a gel like that, for some slobber. Maybe some clear acrylic caulk, too. Shipmodelers use it for water surfaces on bases.

Hope that helps!
Brad

Latest posts

Back