Any hockey fans?

Jdog71

Ni!
Any hockey fans on the board? I'm a lifelong Bruins fan, and my wife is a Rangers fan, so we watch or listen to 160+ games per year, not counting the playoffs. Luckily our two teams haven't met in the playoffs since 72..though its a possibility this year. We have season tickets to the Providence Bruins and I actually prefer going to those games because I live about 10 minutes away as opposed to the ordeal that is Boston traffic.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Boooo Bruins.....GO HABS!!!!

Ahhh well, least you aren't a Laughs....I mean Leafs Fan.

I really don't have a thing against the Habs anymore. I used to...back in the late 70's and 80's, but now its a tame rivalry. The physicality between the two teams kind of died off after the playoffs a few years back, when Komisarek was out there challenging Lucic...not a wise decision. I figured most of the guys on this board would be Habs fans, so I will tread lightly here because of all the help I get from everyone :-X

I want the Leafs to fail miserably...mostly because of the generous draft pick that Burke gave us for Kessel (2 first rounders...how's that working out, Burkey??).

ScaleModelMadman said:
BOO HABS.

;D

bruins_600_1113.jpg

Damn....least you could have shown a current picture, Koivu hasn't been with the team for 2 yrs.

We will see how it all shapes up Wednesday night when the Habs come to kick ass and take names in Boston!

HAHA, bring it!

As for the picture, I grabbed the first thing google showed me that had the B's and the Hab nots in the same photo with the B's in a good light.

;)

I'll just leave this here...

canadiensfan.jpg

That's OK....Habs got a shutout, and the Beaners got shut out.

Now all the Habs have to do is beat NJ at home tomorrow, and then the Habs/Bruins game Wed. will be for soul possession of first place in the division.

Two words for all you *Quote HOCKEY FANS Unquote*. . .Original Six.
You know the ORIGINAL teams in the NHL, the ones Gary Bettman hates?
Since Mr Hockey stopped to talk to me on his way to the ice in Olympia I have been a Red Wings Fan.
Yep, even before it was cool, when they were the Dead Things.
When they had a playoff berth in the Norris Division with 30 wins.
When they drafted that "kid" Yzerman and he said he wanted five cups. . .sidebar, he has FOUR all with the WINGS.
Here in the Northern part of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan once the weather turns cold (around August) we lace em up and play hockey until the ice melts, which thankfully is usually never!

Mac said:
Two words for all you *Quote HOCKEY FANS Unquote*. . .Original Six.
You know the ORIGINAL teams in the NHL

Yeah, the Bruins are one of them.

*as is the Habs and the Leafs...

I even wear a hat that has a big six on it and says 'old time hockey' on the bill. so yes, I consider myself a *Quote HOCKEY FAN Unquote* not sure what you're getting at here dood.

Elm City Hobbies said:

Now all the Habs have to do is beat NJ at home tomorrow, and then the Habs/Bruins game Wed. will be for soul possession of first place in the division.

Sooooo,

what was that you were sayin' ?

;D

Just watched the Boston/Montreal game, :D
Man , that was a good game.
My Dad was watching MMA and I told him to watch the game because there was more fights than the MMA.
Looks like Toronto did a good trade today.

ScaleModelMadman said:
Elm City Hobbies said:

Sooooo,

what was that you were sayin' ?

;D

Holy crap...where was the goaltending in this game? 8-6?? From the 2 of the top goalies in the league....looked like an All Star Game out there with all the scoring!

Don't you mean 9-6?

Oh no, wait... we got robbed that one goal by a lousy call.

;D

The quote was aimed more at those who pretend to like/know hockey, usually these people are found doing commentary on Versus. (Or around here in what is touted as "Hockey Town North" when the prospects are here for camp. But just try to find any, any, story about hockey any other time. . .)
No offense intended, especially those who post up on any thread with the words "Hockey" in it! Just a bit of tongue in cheek dig at what passes for "coverage" of the best sport ever.
Any Original 6 fan is tip top in my book, I too have the hat and hoodie.
Last night I drove the wife out of the living room, switching from the Wings game(?) to the Bruins game.
I did miss why Thomas and Price were not tossed, I thought a goalie fighting was mandatory tossage?

Oh I wasn't offended, sorry. I just didn't understand it but I do now. ;)

I don't recall the mention of why the goalies didn't get tossed but it may have been because there wasn't much of a fight and they were actually smiling and joking a bit at the end.

Last night's attempts at making the calls and keeping track of penalties and posting them to the scoreboard was an absolute mess, and taking that goal away from the B's for being knocked into the goalie made about as much sense as the fans chanting "USA, USA, USA" when most of the lineup (on most NHL teams) are Canadians.

Then again. peeps can be stupid. ;D

Latest posts

Back