Any cool facts you'd like to share that you discovered building cars?

DreamKnight

So any car facts or real life history or information you learned from building cars?

I know that when a bunch of people get into cars plaster with bumper stickers and drive around really, really fast in a circle it's called RACING. :p I also found that I find it amusing when they crash and tumble into the stand and people run around like chickens without heads! But then I'm a pretty sadistic guy.

At the hit of the gas a top fuel dragster goes from 0 to 100 mph in less than one second, faster acceleration than the space shuttle.

Since I work on real cars and motorcycles I like using the model as an outlet for things that I would love to build for real. What I learn from doing the model is yes that motor will fit into that body ... as was the case in the Fiat 500 with a top fuel rail dragster motor in it. :) I like to learn about just the different cars and being able to identify 99% of the cars on the road by year make and model. What's the best is when your out with a group of guys at a car show and there is that one odd ball car like a Masserati A6 ... your friends call it a cobra ... but becuase of doing models you know the difference and win the bet ... ok so I'm rambling ... ok bye

amateurmodeler said:
At the hit of the gas a top fuel dragster goes from 0 to 100 mph in less than one second, faster acceleration than the space shuttle.
Formula one cars can go from 0 to 100MPH and back to O in less than 5 seconds. . .without a parachute.
They turn left and right and can do it in the rain.

Mac said:
amateurmodeler said:
Formula one cars can go from 0 to 100MPH and back to O in less than 5 seconds. . .without a parachute.
They turn left and right and can do it in the rain.

LOL @ "They turn left and right..." Formula one cars also have such a strong down force that the could drive upside down@speed

Rally cars may not be as fast as dragsters of F1 cars ... but they are my favorite to watch race... I think rally drivers are the best drivers out of all race car drivers but that is just my opinion.... I like all forms of auto and motorcycle racing... but I will only watch the highlights of Nascar

You say Down force like it is a bad thing :D
Love the WRC too. SPEED did a major dis-service to fans in the USA by dropping coverage of the races.
I have heard the theory of driving upside down, but do not hold it in much light. The Mach 5 could do it as well and no one watches Speed Racer anymore. Just not an audience for that silly brand of racing.
If I am available I will watch NASCAR but only on the bigger speedways, the short tracks are just a 43 car pile up or another version of Days Of Thunder.

Yeah I always like SPEED, and even though I like NASCAR and the NHRA, it would be nice if it was more diverse stuff, actually NHRA is on ESPN.....anyway, yea the WRC races always blew my mind and if I could watch one I would. Nerves of steel those guys have

Latest posts

Back