Another small Macross Kit finished...

derex3592

This is an old 80's kit, reissued in the 90's of a 1:100 Glaug Officer's Pod. This kit SUCKS. Do not attempt unless you like frustration in your life. ::) Poor plastic, horrible fit, seams that are impossible to get rid of and it's a b*tch to paint. I had given up after a number of setbacks..main one being the arm that snapped off...(got it back on through some miracle of Ambroid Pro-Weld and CA glue). It was sitting on my shelf since last year broken and unfinished so I decided to finish him up. Turned out pretty good in my opinion!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for the warnings. I have this kit in my stash, unbuilt as yet.

Yours looks like it turned out pretty well, though

thanks! just beware of the arms and shoulders--over engineered to a fault..mine broke while trying to get the arms into the main part of the body due to stress on the cheap plastic.

Classic 80s mech right there. Nice looking model and collection, you did a good job. I'd like to see a bit of weathering on it, or at least some dark tones in the panel lines.

It actually has weathering on it. Used Tamiya Rust Snow and Soot on it. Just hard to see in the pics..

Sounds just like a kit for me! I seem to find the bad ones.

Nice looking finish!

super bad ass good job love the set I know must have been hard to paint just right

Believe it or not, the 1/100 scale one (Imai) is far better than the 1/72 one (Arii).

Good job on it. Looks pretty cool with the regults.
The Kyron figure is a gashapon ? Or maybe one figure sold in the last Arii reedition of their Macross kits (20th anniversary) ?

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I believe the figure came with the Kamjin/Khyron 1:20000 scale command ship I built back in the mid 90's. I always kept him around but just recently painted him and put him on display. I normally SUCK at figure painting...but he turned out well!

ohh....and I must come clean...the other pods are from the Toynami 1:100 vinyl line. NOT models! :-X

Latest posts

Back