Angel Flight-Starbuck's Last Ride

Quaralane

Started work today on a new build up.
This one is the Moebius 1/32 Mk2 Viper.
I'm doing this one as the ship Starbuck was flying in the two-part episode "Crossroads," her "Last Ride," so to speak.

Started work with the landing gear doors.
Prior to installing them, I scribed the seams to make the parts look right.
moe-mk2-starbuck-01.jpg

While letting the cockpit set, I also got the wings and rudder assembled.
moe-mk2-starbuck-04.jpg

Worked the cockpit in stages.
Started by getting the control stick and throttle in place, and getting the transparency for the screen glued in.
moe-mk2-starbuck-02.jpg

After giving the cockpit parts a coat of Gunship Grey, I gave the assemblies a quick black wash to bring out the detail
moe-mk2-starbuck-03.jpg

With that done, I gave the parts a quick drybrush of silver to bring back some of the details.
The dials and screens were painted in with black, and then coated with Future.
The seat was painted with Interior Green and not given a wash.
moe-mk2-starbuck-05.jpg
moe-mk2-starbuck-06.jpg

Youtube link:
Angel Flight, Starbuck's Last Ride-Part 1

Nice work Q. Been thinking of doing this subject myself, but the TOS version of Viper.

Cool!
I've just started to re-watch the NU BSG series, and I'm already on the middle of the 3rd season now. So I'm extremely excited to build almost everything I see on the screen ;D
Watching such a build, especially now, giving the circumstances, and specially from You, Q, is a real pleasure.
Keep it coming, bud ;)

Cool. I loved the design of the Nu Viper. Very much in the spirit of the old series and still very iconic looking.

Great ship, and she's in safe hands. Cockpit looks great!

Thanks for all the compliments, guys.
Turning about six shades of red here.

Yeah Q, You do make it look easy. Takes me ages to get a kit done. The interior looks great! I take it you don't plan on any lighting effects on this one?? Keep up the inspiring work bro!

Actually, punkpigpen, if I can scrape the money together for the photoetch cockpits, I may light up the mark 7s when I do them.
And, at 1/32 scale, they're actually pretty good sized

Can only hope for now, punk.
But, back to the work in progress here.

New update:
Construction continues on Starbuck's Viper
Got the fuselage assembled and the worst of the seams dealt with
moe-mk2-starbuck-07.jpg
moe-mk2-starbuck-08.jpg

Added the wings and intakes and got ready for paint by masking off the canopy and temporarily gluing it down.
moe-mk2-starbuck-09.jpg

Primer coats on the engines and guns
moe-mk2-starbuck-10.jpg

And on the main body. Some seams showed they needed more work there.
moe-mk2-starbuck-11.jpg

Gave the engines and guns a coat of Graphite Dust.
moe-mk2-starbuck-12.jpg

Main body gets a coat of Gloss white
moe-mk2-starbuck-13.jpg

Youtube link:
Angel Flight-Starbuck's Last Ride-Part 2

Great stuff Q! You're moving right along on this Viper build. Any seams you are concerned about are not coming through on the video, she looks pristine.
The colour variations you mentioned between the dark grey primer and the gloss white are coming through and look very nice. It is especially apparent on the wings. Were you able to achieve this subtlety with spray cans or did you use an airbrush for the white? Come to think of it, do you ever use an airbrush?? Great update on the build!

Latest posts

Back