Always ask

Made a massive error building jet provost i saw a weight symbol on instructions and didnt understand what it meant an wasnt a member of the forum when started it and just put wheels on and realised what the weight meant

View attachment 111021
I think we have all been there. I did a red arrow knat and it only just holds level if you don't breath to heavily. Pantherman
20230409_174359.jpg20230409_174326.jpg

I think I’m going to have to live with it to be honest because I don’t think glue would be heavy enough to balance it out, but there’s one thing for sure- I will never make the same mistake again✌️

Make a base for it and permanently attach it to the base. Problem solved.

Yeah, just think of it this way: when you build an aircraft with tricycle landing gear, a nose wheel, make it your reflex, your instinct, that you will check to see if you need to add weight up front. Whether the instructions mention it or not, because many sets of instructions won't.

As far as this model goes, you might consider putting it on a small base, like a section of concrete runway, etc. Then you can drill a little hole in one of the nose wheels and glue the aircraft down. Even if the base is simply stained, you could use this technique.

Latest posts

Back