Albatros D.V

Tankbear

The Wing Nut Wings kit of the Albatros D.V..... and my first biplane build.

dsci0398ji.jpg

Used to build armor until a friend got me to try these things... Now I am working on my second one, a Roland D.VIa flown by the same pilot -- Otto Kissenberth. It will also feature the black with the white flower...

dsci0397g.jpg

Rigged with 2lb mono-filament and brass tubing.... the decals were in the kit. These are amazingly engineered kits which brings in some interesting issues, but overall a good modeling experience.

Bob

Nicely done Tankbear. :) The Albatros series of fighters are some of my favorite planes. I'd love to get my haves on a WNW kit some time in the near future.

JMac

It was quite an eye opener.... especially as this was my first one. You don't see a lot of the detail that they put into the kit..... cockpit details, full engine details. True you have to do the rigging with your own material however they do have rigging diagrams. There is an excellent site by a guy named Des on his builds.... including the same Albatros kit.... it is http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/, he also goes through rigging and all. One of the places that got me through the build.

One other nice thing...... you can download the kit instructions off of the WNW site.

Bob

Really nice !!! so.... those are the Top of the line WWI Bird models.... hey ? Did you take any shot of the insides before you closed her up ???

Take care and can't wait to see your next project....

Later ! ;)

Thanks for the comments....

As for the kits being top of the line, normally I have built armor so my experience with biplanes is limited to the one kit but it was the best engineered, tightest fitting (don't have paint in the way) kit I have ever built.

I did a complete blog on this build elsewhere, but here is one of the interior shots....

dsci0331.jpg

Am considering posting a duplicate blog here of the Roland build. It is a bit more involved as I am doing all the control rigging in the cockpit with cable clamps, etc. Fortunately for me most of the turnbuckles seem to be on the exterior of the Roland.

Bob

Excellent finish on the Albatross Tankbear , Im thinking I'll have to try one of those WNW kits ,they do look the business !!

Bring on the Roland ...I like them ;D

Chris.

Chris, I've read that the fit and details on the WNW kits is way awesome! Tankbears build up is wicked example on what can be done with their kits...

Latest posts

Back