Airfix Dornier Alpha Jet 1/72 WIP

Eastrock

It's All About The Fun!!!
here's my first plane build, I join a GB in my part of the country, It took me 7 hobby shops to get one of these.
oob.jpg

Canopy1.jpg

fittings and sanding - first part arnaments are not included since I this will be a Trainer Jet

Update: I still got fittings issue, still on puttying stage

101_0026.jpg

comments are welcome, thanks

Update: Prime

This plane has a lot of issues, the nose is not circular, rather cut in half and molded together, lots of gaps eventhough I already puttied most of the gaps, intake one slightly large and the other one small so need to add more putty. since this is my first plane, I learn a Lot... first is to read reviews about a kit that you will be building, then planning then scribbling if you got a raise panel.

forpriming.jpg

PrimerDecals.jpg

Despite your problems, it looks like you're still getting a decent build out of her.
Nice work on this

Thanks Quaralene, I'm trying to hide some defect thru miliput putty and surfacer just to minimize the defect.

still waiting to dry it out before reapplying again.

Sweet! I've always been a fan of the look of this jet, it looks very bird-like and has such graceful looking lines to it. Looks like a fun kit. What colors go on the trainer?

Hi Cave, I'm planning to paint it black with a white wing tip. still need a lot of sanding and puttying before painting the base coat, thanks for the comment!!

cheers!!!

Latest posts

Back