Airbrush broken any ideas for a new one?

SimpleModels

Hi I have had my airbrush since Christmas and it has broken after 4 sprays. I don't really want to keep it now so I'm looking for a new airbrush to replace my spraycraft gravity feed airbrush if anyone has any stores or links for me to visit please post here, and if possible could the stores? links be in the U.K.

Thanks

I fully recommend Harder & Steenbeck, best airbrush I have ever used, (and I have used many, Many different Badgers, Aztek, Iwata, etc), and decently priced.

I am a dealer for H&S, but not in the UK. I am sure they do have dealers in the UK, have a look on their website:

http://www.germanairbrush.com/

They don't seem to have any other dealers listed other than US and Canada, but since they are made in Germany, someone over there must carry them. If not....I can certainly sell you one.

Exarkun77 said:
Just curious, what was your airbrush, and do you have any idea why it broke?

My airbrush is a gravity feed spraycraft airbrush. Air stopped coming out of it so I twiddled a nob at the back I then took the the needle out and the trigger just fell off. I haven't tried to fix it yet so it might be fixable but if it broke after 4 sprays I don't think I should keep it.

The trigger is held in by the needle going through it in my Iwata - I'd try to understand why it stopped working before getting something more expensive that could stop working for lack of knowing what can cause it to play up. :)

Both my Iwata and my Paashe airbrushes came with an exploded assembly drawing - for ordering replacement parts and re-assembling the airbrush after service. If yours came with some documentation I would look to see if you have that drawing. The drawing may help you diagnose where the problem is (broken part or otherwise). I would also check the airbrush manufacturers website...

Just a thought.

With my Paashe, if you pull out the needle, the trigger does come out. I had one bad session spraying some enamel, and the brush quit working. (This was on my 3rd use of the airbrush.) What happened is that the enamel gummed up the needle so it could no longer move back and forth in it's slot. I had to tear the whole thing down and rebuild it. This forced me to learn how to set up the air brush and to adjust most of the settings on it. As well as learn how to clean it out properly.

Harbor Freight has decent airbrushes for cheap ... Have had mine for years and it still works great. They also have alot of modeling tools that are really inexpensive.
http://www.harborfreight.com/
Not a brand name but if it is taken care of it gets the job done. I wouldn't airbrush a mural on a real car with one of them but for models and other art projects 2 thumbs up.

Yeah, Badger is the same....in fact other than maybe Testors Aztecs, all airbrushes normally have the needle go through the trigger to hold it in. If it just fell out, it can be easily put back in.

If it stopped spraying, likely there is a blockage of some sort, probably just needs a good cleaning.

My Badger 200, first time I used it...brought it up to the kitchen sink to clean it....took out the needle, turned it over and plop, bang, clang, out comes the trigger, however bounced in such away, that it went right down the drain. Now normally it would be stuck in the P Trap (and is likely still there), however my father built the house, and neglected to install a p trap......good lesson learned!

Latest posts

Back