AFV Club M5A1 Stuart (Early) WIP

Yup ....Looks mighty purdy here to John, Decals went down nice :)

Chris.

With the flat coat and weathering it will be just fine.
My mom always said "Nothing hurts a duck but his bill".

Tony lee

Thanks for the words of encouragement fellas. I sprayed it tonight with a flat coat, and it looks much better! I’m back in the game with this one.

Here’s a couple of teaser shots. I wanted to see what the weathering would look like in pictures. I’m just getting started on the weathering, and have a lot to do yet. Also trying some different backgrounds, I think I need to pick up some day light bulbs for my lamps.

100_0105.jpg

100_0109.jpg

you got the right lighting on the first pic, John!!! weathering looks great!!!

looking really good bj, i picked up a dark blue sheet yesterday to try out insted of the black so head to you local artiust store and pick up a few colors of paper card they are cheap so worth it when you find one that works.

what flat coat did you use btw?

Big-John, ole Gen. Stuart himself would be proud of the quality work you've done on his
namesake tank. Coming into the home-stretch and looking Great!
Thanks for sharing......Bill.

Thanks spud, I'm working on lighting at the moment, then I will work on the background.

The flat I use is testors duukote. It needs to be thined quite a bit in order to keep from getting a sandy finish, I thin by eye, but its about 1 part flat to 2 parts lacquer thinner.

merseajohn said:
Looks great, did you have the flash on in the 2nd pick?

Yes, that last pic I had the flash on, it was the only way I could get it to show up good with the lighting I have.

Thanks for all the comments fellas.

try using longer exposuers with out the flash bj somtimes i find i need to do that. also bouching teh flash off the celing will remove the shadow

Latest posts

Back