AFV Club M5A1 Stuart (Early) WIP

spud said:
Looking good bj, what did you do with the tracks in the end to hold them together

5 min epoxy spud, But its still not holding. I'm going to go with the black trick.

Big-John said:
spud said:
Looking good bj, what did you do with the tracks in the end to hold them together

5 min epoxy spud, But its still not holding. I'm going to go with the black trick.

time to save a little and buy the links by links ones ???

Awesome build ! quite the little princess hey ? you sure did a good job Assembling it !!!

Looking forward to the painting stage !

best of luck !

Norm.

Thanks guys!

As long as these tracks will hold paint, I'm going to use them. I will use some small thread and tie them together. I'm sure I can hide the thread.

The link by link track from AFV club have a sink hole in every pad face, so that would require filling every link :-\

Well John it looks as if you are moving along rather nicely. ;D It appears like you have just about finished up the basic build and will be moving on into the painting. Keep up the great work!! :D

Thanks guys!

Got the base color sprayed on this week end. I’m using Model Master Enamels on this one, so progress might slow down a little as I wait for layers to harden. Next up is to do some detail painting, and then spray on a clear coat in preparation for the decals.

100_0093.jpg

100_0092.jpg

100_0094.jpg

John, That looks fantastic buddy!!! Nice shading and paint work!!! Keep it rolling!!! ;)

This weeks update, Gloss coat and decals are on, Not real happy with neither of them. I didn’t see it until it was to late, but the gloss coat started clogging up my air brush and left lumpy spots on the model. Most of it is on the lower hull. I was planning on doing splashed mud on the lower hull, now I hope I can hide the lumpy spots with the mud.

100_0102-1.jpg

100_0100-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back