AFV Club M1126 Stryker

I may have to reconsider the contest entry next year. April and May end up being my busiest months at work (all afterschool volunteer/comittee work). I have a 3/4 finished Harrier from the long-finished group build that's only just seen paint. As for the Stryker...
P4240724.jpg
I guess brass doesn't necessarily mean better. The PE is from Trumpeter's Stryker upgrade set. If that's an upgrade, I'd hate to see what was originally molded on the Trumpy kit. :eek:

Still plugging away...

Happy modelling! 8)

ND, the trumpeter kit has issue on accuracy and fitting problem, it also has
a replacement for the RWS.

progress looks good, still got a lot of time to finish the stryker

I have the I think it's aber?? Side bins and they look like a nightmare compared to that one. Still you will get there in the end ND

There is nothing wrong with the AFV Plastic Bin !!! The "Brass thing" is OVER-rated !

Keep up the good work.... just do a little bit each night if possible.... each little sessions will count in the end !

I'm done my second entry and I done it that way !!! which is unusual for me ! This will be looking great in the end !

Don't give up ! I know you are busy ! but like I said ! each little bits will count in the end !

Later and Have a good one !

and like you've said ! Brass isn't always better ! thinner maybe but... detail wise ! Blah !

Norm.

spud said:
I have the I think it's aber?? Side bins and they look like a nightmare compared to that one. Still you will get there in the end ND

??? Thanks for the support though, spud! You too, Schweinhund and Eastrock!

After a couple hours tonight...
P4250726.jpg
...I'd say it's time to relax with a cold one and un-cross my eyes. I'll be leaving the rest of the pioneer tools and their stowage straps off until after paint. Man, there's still a ton more PE tie-downs to go on this panel!

Happy modelling! ;D

April 29. Time for Canucks to do their taxes before midnight tomorrow!
So, after clearing that from today's cue (still owed $109 to Harper-bot), I got down to work on the Stryker.
P4290724.jpg
Grendels, when you get to the fences for the sides of your building and around the perimeter on the Mercury 9 build, get yourself a cheap pen-like paper embosser. It's a metal stick with a little ball on the end (head to Michael's in the scrapbooking tools section). It came in really handy for gluing down long lengths of tie-downs. Use the embosser to pick up a bead of thin CA, and run it down the length of plastic where you intend the PE fence to lay down. The CA bead would cling to the side of a toothpick making it difficult to run a long bead, but it will cling to the bottom of the embosser. It saved my sanity while trying to glue down longer lengths of tie-down bar. You can even use it to pick up more thin CA to run it into voids & gaps in the PE fence via capillary action. When it gets all gummed and dried up at the tip, just use a pair of pliers to pry off the excess dried CA from the tip, and you're good to go!
P4290725.jpg
OOOh, behold the insanely enormous amounts of stupid PE tie-downs I have persevered through! Tie-downs under the ledges on the side, under the stowage bin, on top of the stowage bin, somewhere under the desk, stuck to my fingers....

In all seriousness, any PE after all those #@$%&* @&*#$$ &*%#$ #@%$%@ tie-downs will be a cinch. Happy modelling, everyone! ;D

was it the very shiny one to teh right ;D

looks good tough

I live about 25 miles from the Textron plant that builds these things. Awesome looking. they come out of the factory painted sand.

So! They finally switched to Sand color? I guess we know where they are going next!

Thanks DW or letting me know! Now I can plan or my next Stryker project!

I like the tie downs! Lots of work there!

Spud, spot it first... ;D

Hmm seems like there would a theme of Desert builds coming up :D

How long have they been getting the sand treatment? Every one I've seen is green, even the ones on deployment in the Middle East.

They've been building them for a few years evertime i pass the plant they are painted sand.I have never seen them any other colors there.

Back to the hull, and back to some plastic...
P5020727.jpg
Got to break out the plastic cement tonight finally, but not for long...
P5020726.jpg

Happy modelling! ;D

Waaaayy back on page 5... ouch. :'(

Yup, there's a real possibility that this isn't getting finished by the end of June. Work + riding season = almost no time for this guy. Here's where I am...
P5280725.jpg
Headlights, turret, and rear doors is all that I have to do. Speaking of headlights...
P5280726.jpg
This will eventually be the left headlight assembly. It's a small kit all on its own. And I mean SMALL! ;)

Don't sweat it ! you'll get her done !!! and if not... No big deal ! its not a Religion !!!
and even if it was ? Not everybody practice ! LOL

Those Brass assemblies are pretty wicked !!! Although I love the work.... I dread trying to go thru the same path !

I would have gone blind by now !!! LOL

Keep up the good work... lots of time left !!!

Norm.

Finished!!! The headlight, that is ;)
P5290727.jpg
Rain tonight = modelling instead of riding. After p!$$ing around with this for an hour, I came to the conclusion that it was not going to sit on the wire posts in the hull I made for it. Looks fine sitting flush on the corner, IMHO. Thanks for the encouragement Norm, and happy modelling everyone!

Latest posts

Back