Admiral Graf Spee from Contest to the Finish

Great work on that base, this would make a good how to video/DVD! Nice work, looking forward to the next update.

Thanks, man!
I hope to finish my Chinook project some time this week. The I'll finish the Graf Spee!
So keep you eyes open!
Guido

Hello, fellow addicts!

I finally got my stern into gear and ripped away at the AGS!
I was stopped cold from posting the latest video owing to the recent SMA blackout.

While I am uplaoding the 7th and final installation on the seascape, here you can watch part 5 and 6.

Enjoy!

1350 Admiral Graf Spee Sea Scape Part 5

1350 Admiral Graf Spee Sea Scape Part 6

Comments and questions welcome!

Cheers,
Guido

What a fantastic job Guido!!! Truly inspiring to watch these videos and see you work through the process!! Thansk for taking the time to put these together!! ;)

Nice job! I know you where not 100% happy with your final results with the ships wake, but it looks very good! I should do so good, your videos do provide some great ideas and tip and techniques for someone like me who has never attempted water to this degree before, and I thank you for that!

Can't wait to see a shot once you have the ship all rigged up.

Thanks, Dan!
Learning a new thing with every new model is what I strive for. I learned so much doing this, half will be forgotten when I tackle the next one! ;)
The rigging will start tomorrow I hope to finish within this week. A video will -of cause- show techniques are far as resolution is allowing.
I am planning to make a "One-day/weekend-seascape" tutorial that should satisfy even me. That will probably not encompass a lot of water movement, but it will be nice to show a ship at anchor.
If take a swing at making water, please don't hesitate to contact me, if you have questions.
Cheers!

Ouch man, that sucks, we have all that happen one way or another, my last mishap was Ferret induced, even though the she was quite proud of herself for helping me with my modeling, I still miss the little bugger, now that she has moved on from this world.

Thankfully they are only plastic, who knows maybe it will inspire a "at sea disaster dio" or maybe just a good home for some left over fire crackers :) either way, it was still a great build, and a fantastic water tutorial. On to bigger and better things now eh?

Nice save! I really like how your rigging is turning out as well, that Lycra thread is so fine, very nice find on that.

Thank you guys!
The damage is mostly repaired (some railing still to be replaced).
I am ready to re-rigg the mainmast.
I will be receiving Uschi van der Rosten's 20den dyed rigging yarn some time soon. I'll be reviewing that in mx next video. It seems that this is a better source than WEM as Uschi's is finer and black already.
Cheers,
Guido

Man this came out nice!

You know, the magazine needs some watercraft...

just sayin. ;)

Thanks, dude!
Still not finished, but going strong. Next week hopefully...
Cheers,
Guido

Ken Abrams said:
Man this came out nice!

You know, the magazine needs some watercraft...

just sayin. ;)

ya that would be nice, this is a boat load of awesome

Latest posts

Back