Acrylic Paint & Freezing Temps!

echo139er

Majestic Order of Jocular Outcasts
I am new to acrylic paint. I have always used enamel until recently. Now that the temps are getting pretty cold, I got to thinking... Freezing temps!!

Does acrylic paint get ruined if it freezes? Once thawed will it work like normal?

I keep some of my paints (MMA) stored in the garage and this can be an issue come winter. I have never had any problems with enamels stored in the cold.

Anyone know?

I can't speak for other brands, but Vallejo paint will not be harmed if it is frozen. Once thawed, it may need to be shaken a little more than usual, but otherwise won't harm the paint.

Elm City Hobbies said:
I can't speak for other brands, but Vallejo paint will not be harmed if it is frozen. Once thawed, it may need to be shaken a little more than usual, but otherwise won't harm the paint.
This has been my experience. But only with the old Ral Partha paints. Never tried freezing other brands, mostly because I never used them much

considering the investment I have in expensive model paints , I keep them indoors.
I paint year around so I would hate for them to freeze.same with epoxys, glues ect..

Latest posts

Back