Acapulco Blue

wjbrandel

I am going to be starting a 1967 shelby and I want to paint it acapulco blue, however I can't find that color without buying a gallon of it. Can anyone help me with the mix or know where I can get just a small amount (about 2 oz). I can't even find a paint chip of it and I don't trust the color sample I found online-it looks like it was created digitally and I don't know how accurate it would be.

Thanks in advance for any help

There ain't no paint standard for these names .
I think you should be able to find what will work for you within the 329 blues offered here : https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catag...&t=1&u=1&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&co=5

Pick the ones that you think will be closest --- you can always mix colors to get what you want .

O1I4Tsv.png

Last edited:
I can't even find a paint chip of it

You're not looking very hard. Paintref.com has paint chip pages for virtually any make/model known to man. This is the PPG/Ditzler page for 1967 Mustang/Fairlane/Falcon

ford_1967__ppg_c_01.jpg

Scale Finishes makes Acapulco Blue paint. Scale finishes paints are dead on matches of OEM colors.

Duplicolor makes an Acapulco blue spray in their 'touch-up' line of acrylic enamel spray paint. Pep boys, Princess auto, Canadian Tire, Napa, O'Reilly's..any auto repair store carries the brand.

Latest posts

Back