A bootlegger.

Yeah I have and Ebay, but it's almost impossible to end bootleggers. The launch vehicle is bootlegged from another guy, and all the Gundams are too. It's one of the reasons I stopped producing sci-fi kits.

Gundamhead, have you looked into legal action against him? Is he the copycat or merely selling copies that someone else has made?

I only ask because this topic comes up frequently on the figure sites I belong to, but more often, it's a modeler or painter reporting finding a pirated copy for sale. A discussion ensues and I always offer the suggestion to contact the maker, if we know who he is, because he's usually got the legal standing to do something. Of course, the copyright holder may choose not to pursue it because the cost of prosecuting is greater than the sales loss. iAnd depending on the region of the globe where the copycat is located, ie, Red China and SE Asia, it's nearly impossible, because the concept of private property and intellectual rights is not the same as we have.

So I'm curious if you've thought of it. Do you have formal copyright or other protection for your intellectual property? I'd like to see you get the pirate.

In the meantime, we can all avoid him and not buy anything from him.

Latest posts

Back