'65 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C

Ok, here's the result of 48 hrs in the Cola,

IMG_4449.jpg

Started the engine tonight and I'll get some photo's up tommorrow. :)

Engine assembled and painted, mounted to the chassis which completes step 2.

More wiring to come when the engine compartment is completed.

IMG_4453.jpg

Here's another update folks but first of all "holy cow" what an active forum. The buzz is definately on! :eek:

I spent the last 2 days working on the body, filling sink marks and sanding down mold marks.
Today I hit the body with a coat of Tamiya XF-20 medium grey for a primer coat and to bring out any rough spots that I may have missed...and I did find a couple which I fixed no problem.

I started with the custom mixed blue that I made from a few drops of X-14 sky blue into a new pot of XF-2 flat white. The stripes are X-6 orange with some white added for a faded look and XF-1 flat black for the smaller pin strips.

I masked with Tamiya tape and Proband fineline 1.6mm pinstriping tape.

IMG_4461.jpg
IMG_4460.jpg

I'm quite happy with the result, next will be a coat of future for some small decals I want to use and then probably a dull coat for the finish as I want to avoid a diecast look to this machine. :)

That looks sharp. Sure it's not a Bond car? Cause a Bond car could throw itself together like that.

You're really moving fast man

I love the paint job, great choice of colour and fine work with the airbrush, this is going to be sweet

The wheels are done guys,

IMG_4463.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg

These tires came with a blue ring decal or you can paint the blue ring using the provided groove in the tire, and then gently sanding the area when dry.

I used paint.

Looks realy good with the colour scheme.

IMG_4465.jpg

Dashboard done:

IMG_4467.jpg

Decals were included for the gauges and I finished the dials with 3 coats of future.

Here I flocked the interior.

IMG_4468.jpg

Things are coming together, I have to wait for final assembly as the gloss coat on the main body is not fully cured. I'm going to polish it out. It's only been on 3 days and I think I will give it at least a week.

Latest posts

Back