(3rd build, but first soft skin vehicle build.) Fedayeen Technical

:D

Hey Fork, what a cocky softskin that you´re building. Truly, lad. :)

I like a lot that sturdy vehicle... it reminds me (by some resemblance) the old HARD Toyotas Land Cruiser, the ones that resembled shoe cardboard boxes with wheels... these cars where hard as hell. A life ago I saw (and travelled in) a lot of these kind of vehicles in the Persian Gulf, they were hard and reliable as hell... but they had no AA !!! :p Those kind of vehicles could endure a lot, in extreme conditions (50ºC, and lots of dust and sand, pebbles, etc), with minimal or basic maintenance, really cheap ones... poor man Humvees...

Congratulations, I find that´s a very interesting model, the one you´ve choosen. :)

(But I would have preferred to put some bullet holes in it and a DShK ;D ;D but that´s an aesthetic choice, simply... )

Cheers,
and keep on posting, please!!!
RG

The review I read (AK interactive on facebook) said its Tamiya quality. It also has some PE parts in the kit.
Cheers
Lukasz

sweet! actual Civilian Vehicles drawn in combat duties.... interesting! Wrong side!

But interesting!

Thanks for letting us know!

SPUD ... FORK ,

Check out this link. There are some sprue shots of that Kit. It really Looks Cool !!!! It would Rock for th upcoming War Wheels G.B. !!! I'm just sayin .... ;D

Jelly said:
:D

Hey Fork, what a cocky softskin that you´re building. Truly, lad. :)

I like a lot that sturdy vehicle... it reminds me (by some resemblance) the old HARD Toyotas Land Cruiser, the ones that resembled shoe cardboard boxes with wheels... these cars where hard as hell. A life ago I saw (and travelled in) a lot of these kind of vehicles in the Persian Gulf, they were hard and reliable as hell... but they had no AA !!! :p Those kind of vehicles could endure a lot, in extreme conditions (50ºC, and lots of dust and sand, pebbles, etc), with minimal or basic maintenance, really cheap ones... poor man Humvees...

Congratulations, I find that´s a very interesting model, the one you´ve choosen. :)

(But I would have preferred to put some bullet holes in it and a DShK ;D ;D but that´s an aesthetic choice, simply... )

Cheers,
and keep on posting, please!!!
RG

Thanx Jelly for your intimate knowledge of this "poor man's humvee." It has this simplistic look about it and it doesn't look like a humvee. Not the best looking vehicle, but if it came out in the open market, I would buy it.

panzerace007 said:
;D ;D

I suppose I did ! ;D

Here it is - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.265220496839282.76617.100000540004311&type=1

MIG gets a look at it & posts some Pix of the Sprues !!

I saw the pic's through facebook, nice kit! It looks like they took the time to mold the plastic in 3 different colors. It makes it ez for me to glue what parts go together. Came with some resin wheels and photo-etched parts. I'll buy one in the future because I blew extra cash in getting a 1/35 super cobra, LAV, and amtrack for my "Generation Kill" inspired set. The last one I need is a humvee with crew.

It's almost done! Here's what it looks like, put together...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
... not glued yet because I want to do some weathering. The only weathering I did so far were the seats. The olive drab paint looked way to glossy, so I had to sand seats using 1000 grit sandpaper. It also had some unpredictable result to make the seat look banged up. First off I'm going to study up by viewing the Youtube link set-up by fumblethumbs and sand the wheels a bit, recommended by spud.

What sandpaper do you use for weathering out the wheels anyway :-\?

oh i just used what was at hand i think it was around 400. you should try the tissue and white glue trick for your seats i done it on my current build and its realy nice and easy to do make teh seats look worn and used.

your jeep is looking real smart now Fork keep it up :)

Latest posts

Back