(3rd build, but first soft skin vehicle build.) Fedayeen Technical

Fork Virus

Hi everyone. This is my first vehicle build. The first two were a MiG-15 and F-86. The kit is from Hobby Craft, but molded by Trumpeter, 1/35 scale. It's inspired from Saddam's Fedayeen during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Supposedly loyal to Saddam. After the build the paint scheme will be simple, from what the guide will tell me. I might want to do some weathering techniques at the end.

It's a Russian made utility vehicle, not sure what's it called. Armed with either a 76 or 105 mm recoiless rifle. It came with three figures, but not Fedayeen looking, they look more like Iraqi regular army. Two ways to fix that...Either use the figures I have and turn them into Fedayeen or buy the figures.

I'll just go with the flow.
dscn4391b.jpg

By fork_virus at 2011-08-11
I started with the engine block, simple enough.
dscn4310l.jpg

By fork_virus at 2011-08-11

looks like a cross between a ford mutt landrover and lada to me :)

spud said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah boy, those Russians sure did make some ugly a$$ stuff! They could take an aesthetics lesson from the Germans. Looks like a fun project though Fork. Engine's looking good!

spud said:

lol, not the most prettiest thing, I agree.

I got the engine+frame+wheels. Gluing them together wasn't that bad and painting it posed no difficultly.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

looks pretty good. tires are a bit glossy tough. are they just painted?

Nice work on the undercarriage.
Have to agree about the tires looking a bit too glossy

FORK,

That Truck has a Butter Body. Everything looks Great But Her body ! ;D Great Start ! It looks rugged !

spud said:

I'm glad you brought that up. It didn't bother me until I took a hard look at it and look at cars in the real world.

Is there a way for them to look old and worn out?

panzerace007 said:
FORK,

That Truck has a Butter Body. Everything looks Great But Her body ! ;D Great Start ! It looks rugged !

"Butter body", lol I like that line. ;D That's just half the story. On both sides of the body, mainly the passenger sides, are depressions. I'm sure they'll show-up if I paint on it. I have to do a bit of body work. I'll post a before and after photos.

Fork Virus said:
spud said:

I'm glad you brought that up. It didn't bother me until I took a hard look at it and look at cars in the real world.

Is there a way for them to look old and worn out?

Here ya go Fork http://www.youtube.com/user/ScaleModelMadman#p/u/11/nDnLoI70o-Y . Ken dummies up the tires and wheels starting at the 3 minute mark. Ken builds unbelievably realistic armour and is a master at weathering! Looks like he's using pigments. She's comin' along nicely Fork! Keep it up!

if you mean less rubber then its elbo grease and sand paper and you can get it looking this worn if you want. this is my dragon wagon, inside left rear,
3-1.jpg

Yeah Fork, Spud is no slouch either! His dragon wagon is off the charts! I just singled Ken out because I knew he had a some weathering videos. There is a ton of talent here in the SMA armoured division.

haha thanks fumblethumbs, I learnt what i know from Kens vids ;D so im no expert, yet...

Guys! Woooooh! I'm not slapping anyone around ... But you didn't have to
"Zero in" the Shinny tires right off the Bat! ::)

The poor dude is just sharing the very first step in his build! I understand this could
Or has been Constructive criticism.... But wow..... You didn't waste any time... LOL

I like the Ken video part! Any body can learn a lot from "Master Ken"

Keep up the good work..... Looking forward to your next update!

If I offended any body...? Take it to the bank, and Walk it off! LOL. It's only a flesh wound!

Oh Ken has Excellent taste in Brew!

lol Gineuss is disgusting so is Murphys some like it others dont. also ken drinks it too soon you need to let it sit longer.

as for the tires ild rather be told now before im gone too far that way i can fix it, and there was no harm ment buy it just being helpfull

lolwut?

Guinness is disgusting? Sorry, American beer is disgusting...

Sit longer, for why? it's from a can for Pete's sake. Besides, I was more concerned with conserving time in the video and less concerned with letting the full flavor bloom in my glass.

;)

haha i new that would get a response from you ;D you need to let the bubles stop to form the head the head shuld be bigger. next can you pour, pour about 70-75% of the glass give it a few mins to settle then fill the rest thats how a pint of it is pulled.

ive often seen americans grab the glass before its finished being served to them.

oh yes i never liked it. only beer i ever drank was hieniken. and i dont even drink that now. i gave it up years ago

Looking good so far. I have the same kit under the Trumpeter brand. The vehicle is a chinese airborne jeep sold to various third world armies. Iraq included. I plan to modify mine to carry a DSHK machine gun I purchased.

FORK,

Keep on Rockin it ! So you also have to Bondo th Body ! Yikes ! Although you should have known that you'd be in for a rough ride ... Look at th Box Art , I just noticed, that th Rear Wheel is lookin' way out of Cantor ! lol Perhaps th Box Art Artist did an Exact rendition of someone's finished Model !! lol

I'm lookin' forward to you next installment !! You'll get it I have Faith .........
er-star-wars-luke-demotivational-poster-1250396871.jpg

Latest posts

Back