350 Enterprise-A, smusno style!

Solander said:
An unwise addition about more than 4 lights in the end - the Cardassians would never leave You alone now ;D ;D
Dude, this lighting on the pylons... I simply have no words, absolute matching how it looked in the movie! Great job, absolutely great!

it was quite literally me just pushing an led, through a hole ;-)

Grendels said:
But the right hole in the right direction....

well, i did have to file it for 10 minutes first so the led would fit.

but any idiot can do that.

Ok, sitrep.

Firstly, the enormity of my undertaking does not escape me. And it's starting to hang pretty heavy. Mainly due to holding off building that damned shuttle bay, as my photoetch parts have taken well over 2 weeks to arrive........ and still no sign. But they were a gift, so it's difficult to complain.
Secondly, because I have in the last week been told i have "some quote severe depression" by my doctor. So, lifes a blast right now.

Bright side..........................

The upper saucer has RCS Thrusters, using the part of the circuit that, and to quite "I will never use". 2 reasons. 1, its a spare line, and frees up 4 led's elsewhere. 2, they fade up and down slowly, which I like becuase the rcs thrusters wouldnt be on all the time anyway? I have forward and rear nav lights, and red/green navs also. All of which blink at the same rate, And, whilst the wiring is messy...........Its all working, and has been for 2 hours.
Next up is to tape down some of the wire, and make way for some of the LED tape to light the windows. This will then give me a little space to put the 2 bridge lights in, 1 premanantly on and beaming out of the front bridge window, and 1 quick blinker at the rear of the bridge (and if time allows, some fibreoptic either side of the airlock for a tad of realism).

Secondary hull.
For anyone who has ever laid out the not meager amount of lolly required to just own this kit, the fit of the secondary hull strongback and pylons is............ Frankly shocking. But, after some really patient sanding, fitting, sanding, fitting. It fits like a glove!!

So, predictions for the weekend.........................

Upper saucer done, wired, finished and....... Shakaré willing, ready to be squeezed together and epoxied. Of course, this will include a little surgery to get the necessary holes through the bottom of the saucer/neck location. Long live the Dremel.
I shall paint and create the shuttle bay too if the photoetch does not arrive. I cant wait any longer, or I will fail in my task. And, that is still not an option (for the moment, anyway).

Oh how I wanted those crossbeams and ikkle Starfleet peepes in the hangar bay.

Anyway, thats me. Im off the drink some JD and watch some 60 Trek.

Live long and..................................................... no, just no.

Dave.

36212_404196637060_659927060_4960825_6457363_n.jpg

Sorry to hear about that Dave. My brother was diagnosed with bi-polar not so long ago. :(

Definately sounds like you're on schedule with the build. I guess if you do find yourself behind schedule and unable to finish in time, it's not the end of the world, you might miss out on the prizes (I think you still get a paint set no matter what though?), but this model is worth more than any prize I'm sure you'll agree.

Looks like a Green Meany to me? (Lager, Cider, Creme de menthe)

Just have fun my friend, :D
your videos bring such joy And bewilderment even to those of us who have no idea what your talkin about because were not so 'Trek Savy" but we luv ya the same. ;D

Any-friggin-hoo What do Doctors Know??LOL :D
Just keep takin the pills like what i does ;D
Gggggggggggaaggg

(no disrespect to any doctors in the herd ;D)

Its a "Green Monkey".

1/2 a Stella, 1/2 a blue WKD, topped with a double vodka.

yeah baby.

A nights drinking in one pint! :p ;D take your time on the kit!
sorry about the news mate, we're always here for ya dude!
MJ

smusno said:
Its a "Green Monkey".

1/2 a Stella, 1/2 a blue WKD, topped with a double vodka.

yeah baby.

Yep a nights drink in one gulp!

take care of what you need to, we all know you can finish this one up!

411098_10151560138890527_681790526_24065564_662375813_o.jpg

Got my brass etch.

but ABSOLUTELY lost any interest in the project.

maybe a superb looking shuttle bay will make up my zest for it again.

Come on smusno, you've gotta work through the pain, we all hit the wall sometimes.

Modelling can be the best medicine, helps take your mind off things.

We're all routing for you man

Sometimes it's a good idea to work on a simple, fun build alongside your main one. If you get bored with your big model, switch to the fun and easy one. Then you can go back to the big one with more energy.

Sometimes of course, you just need to give yourself a break.

Take it easy mate. We're all looking forward to your next update. :)

I know how a big project like this can seem daunting, and cause a loss of interest.
You can do this.
Take a day or two if needed.
You can do this

474833_10151580501350527_681790526_24126686_1148698223_o.jpg

2 parts flat white, 1 part light blue. and it actually gets a little bluer the further you go back into the shuttle bay for a little forced perspective.

now i need to paint some teeny weeny peeps ;D

Latest posts

Back