32 Pro Street .

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Hi chaps :)

Well ,At the minute my workshop is all sitting in boxes and dismantled . I was due to move house last week ,but a nice downfall of snow put a stop to that :( ,Anyhoo ,the snow has cleared and we'll start moving this weekend :)
But ,I needed something to do in the meantime ,So I started into a project I've had in mind for quite sometime ,well ...since my first visit to Santa Pod Drag strip back in the early 90's , It was the year when two Top fuel teams one sponsered by Nintendo ,the other Sega ! ...remember that one ? ,A girl drove the Sega car ,and she won at the Summer Nationals while I was there ....Fantastic stuff :)
However ,it was a little Pro Street 32 3 window coupe that really caught me and really got me interested in the whole Hotrod /Ratrod thing , the image of that little black car with Huuuge rubber stuffed under the rear and a radical roof chop has stuck with me ever since .So thats what I intend to create here .It wont be an exact copy ,but should look very similar .

Armed with some basic tools , styrene rod & sheet , some glue and a parts box ...I got started .
I had a spare 3 window body ,which needed a lot of work to get it looking right . All the moldings were removed , the doors & trunk lid removed and the roof was given a serious chopping ;D

DSCF1978.jpg

DSCF1979.jpg

DSCF1981.jpg

DSCF1984.jpg

Ooops !! .....

DSCF1985.jpg

Thats better ....

DSCF1989.jpg

I forgot to mention, the rear arches were also opened up or widened to accept the bigger rubber ;D

DSCF1992.jpg

I had a spare 1930 Ford frame in the parts box ,So this was chopped up and modified and then I started scratching up the roll cage ,still more to do on it ,but you get the idea ...

DSCF1995.jpg

DSCF1997.jpg

DSCF1999.jpg

DSCF2001.jpg

DSCF2002.jpg

So then I needed to check the stance & ride height of the car ......

DSCF2004.jpg

And thats where Im at so far ....Lots to do :)

DSCF2003.jpg

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

It's looking Awesome as usual. I would love to learn how to scratch build like you and others on here
DB88

Great job on the roll cage Chris. I just think the slicks are a little small. :p ;D Is that the engine you'll be using then?

Chris, your creativity just AMAZES ME. I wish I had your skill Sir. Absolutely awesome. Someday Hooterville someday ha ha.

Latest posts

Back