2015 Contest Q&A

Sorry to hear about your bad couple of years mate

Hope things are smoother for you now

J

LrdSatyr8 said:
You'll be able to see the build by clicking on the name of it for reference (maybe next year I'll make thumbnail images)!

Another thing I added is if you vote for the same model for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd or if you don't vote for all the categories your vote will not be counted and you won't be able to vote again and will basically just pass up on your opportunity to vote this year! Found that problem come up... so take your time and vote in all the categories, not just the one you're entered in.

Please read above and then VOTE: http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/vote/ballot.php

I voted, although there were a few I had to pass on since they pictures did not show up, even if clicking on the link to the actual picture. This was notable for the Armored Land Cruiser, Sci-fi Sci Fi Dust IS- 5 Mao Zedong. After checking the finished entries threads, it appears to be any entries The Chaos

The missing pictures appear to be a problem with whatever site is hosting them. It appeared to be a German Site. http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/

Either you may need a login for that site to see them, or their may be a problem with the link url, but I believe it amounted to a picture not found error

Some other pictures had problems, but at least there were ways around it to see the actual picture. Notably, the Imperial Shocktrooper and Flurry entries. When opening the thread you could only see the an inch or less of just left side of what looked like extremely large pictures that were cut off. If you hovered the mouse over them and the magnifying glass icon appeared then when you clicked on it, then you could actually see the whole picture much smaller.

Note however, not everyone may take the time to try displaying the full picture

I'm not sure if it's an image size/href link issue or a browser issue or not. I'm using google chrome

Yet another VERY difficult contest to judge here.

On the bright side, everyone in the Ships category is guaranteed to place

Quaralane said:
No pics showing for the IJN Akagi in All Open

It seemed like that entry was duplicated. Further down there was another IJN Akagi as well. I think it linked to a build thread where I was at least able to see some final build pictures. I also was able to find some pictures in this thread http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php/topic,12576.0.html which mentions the build thread

I was just going to ask if the two Akagis from Comfortably Numb in the All Open category were different builds or duplicates....

Thats me,....votes are in

Well done for a great interface Lrd & Scott

All the best for the Noms

John

Yeah, seeing that now, 2 entries by the same person for the same kit (likely not their fault) first one has the photos, 2nd entry further down the list missing photos.

I would say just delete the 2nd entry, however likely it's not going to get votes anyway, with no photos, but seeing as it is a duplicate, probably doesn't make a difference.

Wow!
What a tough vote :eek:
So many exciting entries - and even though Star Wars has the most coverage, there is a huge variety here.
Good luck everyone!
;D

Jeeves said:
I was just going to ask if the two Akagis from Comfortably Numb in the All Open category were different builds or duplicates....

I was starting to wonder that myself ;) To solve the mystery...what happened was I was notified by two mods and the admin, all at about the same time, that the pic links on my entry form weren't working (thanks for that notification btw guys) and between the three of them, one re-posted my entry after fixing the links, (thanks again) but my original entry with the broken links was not deleted. I think thats what happened anyway :)

And good luck to everyone in the contest! A great field to be a part of, judging by the entries! Cheers, Tim

Latest posts

Back