2014 CONTEST DETAILS / PRIZES

No worries, Hulk.
Same thing goes for other hosting sites like flickr, I'm sure.

So what if I have a kit where I cut the two halves of the main hull piece off the sprue. I have not done any clean up on it, nor have I glued anything or assembled them in any way. Can I still enter it or do I have to buy a new one to enter it?

I think, as long as you can show us that no actual assembly/cleanup's been done, you should be fine.
After all, some times parts come off the sprue on their own

blakeh1 said:
So what if I have a kit where I cut the two halves of the main hull piece off the sprue. I have not done any clean up on it, nor have I glued anything or assembled them in any way. Can I still enter it or do I have to buy a new one to enter it?

I agree with Q on this one. Be sure to show your date stamped photo that no actual work has been done to any of the parts.

I'm not seeing any place to pay fees. Is that not set up yet or did I miss it somewhere?

Okay thanks, I did not know he was still gone. I try no to be nosey. I hope he took his tooth brush.

adampolo13 said:
noname said:
I'm not seeing any place to pay fees. Is that not set up yet or did I miss it somewhere?

Scott will set up the paypal link upon his return...

For a newbie like me, both the SMA and BSC, do I just post the start pic and I'm off (fee paid later)?

ausf said:
adampolo13 said:
noname said:

Scott will set up the paypal link upon his return...

For a newbie like me, both the SMA and BSC, do I just post the start pic and I'm off (fee paid later)?

Welcome to the heard ausf!

Yup, just take a pic prior to starting the kit with a date stamp showing the date after March 1, 2014

something like:

photo_zps6efc3bef.jpg

Not this time round however I'm considering it for a group build in the fall.

Thanks, Scott, I was curious. We are relatively light on ship builders, and heavy on sci-fi, armor and aircraft builders, so it's not so outlandish. A ship modeler could go into the general category, or the diorama category, too, I suppose.

Yes, seascapes would fall into diorama for sure...or any other boat related diorama of course.

Greetings builders. Due to moving house I was not able to partake in the BSC this year so I thought I would still contribute a couple of kits, but in the prize category rather than builds.
I waited till May to give those of you who are not sure they will make it, another push to achieve 'completion over perfection' ;)

I'll be offering 3 kits with a criteria for each one.
1 will be for fellow Southern Hemisphere builders who often have to deal with smaller communities and crazy shipping costs from the larger northern continents. (Time to check you have a flag on ya profile :))
1 will be for someone who motivates me to build a kit I have in my stash, it does not have to be a kit I have but a R2d2 model might inspire me to build a Star Wars kit, or a figure, or even a gundam, etc etc
The final one will be simple, a build that I just really like that misses out on one of the official SMA prizes/awards.

I'm sure you are wondering what kits are on offer, well to be honest I'm not certain yet, I'll try and get something that fits with the builders 'niche' in some way.

To save on shipping boxes maybe broken down, in particular if there is a lot of wasted space in the box, but everything will be included and securely packed and shipped with tracking where possible.

Not only you. I spent 2,5 weeks in bed when I couldn't do models. I'll try to chatch up but will see. Let's hope I'll make it in time :)

Cave_Dweller said:
Any chance of an extension on the contest? I've fallen way behind schedule... :-\

I've been hearing from several folks in the same spot. Keep building..I'll work out something.

I'm trying to get some videos done - I, like most of you, are swamped with life...

Stay tuned.

Thank you for the info Scott.
I know my build has been taking longer than I expected.

Jim

Latest posts

Back