1941 Willys Gasser

CTspeedshop

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. : )
Here is a build I have been dragging my heels on but thought I would share.

image_zpsa280a144.jpg

The body work is done and she is in primer:

image_zpse04998c2.jpg

I stripped the chrome from the wheels and opted for a Testor's Metalizer..

Buffed them with a Q-tip and gave them a slight black wash:

image_zps93981e75.jpg

image_zps35e06beb.jpg

I have spent most the building time so far on the engine. I stripped all the chrome from the engine components as well.

I used various Testor's Metalizers for the finish and added plugs, fuel line and P.E. pulleys:

image_zpseb91d566.jpg

image_zpsa78bda13.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and more updates to follow. ;D

CT

Just saw on of these on Fast & Loud on Discovery.

Very cool build man. Your engine looks really cool. Nice detail.

Thanks Scott. I've always had a fondness for these cars. They look fast even when they're sitting still.

Great engine detail. Could you post a photo of the distributor? The wiring is in perfect scale to the engine. Most of what I see on-line looks like a tube stuffed with small gauge electrical wire, but yours looks real.

I have this kit and they did a good job with it. I bought the Ohio George '33 Willys to build as a competitor for it, but the flashing and injection mold marks drove me nuts. It's on the shelf with a broken wheel and half finished body. Great tires, though!

Dale

I think you did a great job on the rims. I too have a couple of these kits I wanted to do old school Gassers with. They keep releasing the same kit with different decals. It's all good tho because it is a nice kit and people can build their heros' car.

scaledale said:
Great engine detail. Could you post a photo of the distributor? The wiring is in perfect scale to the engine. Most of what I see on-line looks like a tube stuffed with small gauge electrical wire, but yours looks real.

I have this kit and they did a good job with it. I bought the Ohio George '33 Willys to build as a competitor for it, but the flashing and injection mold marks drove me nuts. It's on the shelf with a broken wheel and half finished body. Great tires, though!

Dale
Unfortunately, the distributor on the Willys is one of the yucky ones you have mentioned so here is a pic from another build of mine with my favorite style from Detail Master:

009.jpg

noname said:
I think you did a great job on the rims. I too have a couple of these kits I wanted to do old school Gassers with. They keep releasing the same kit with different decals. It's all good tho because it is a nice kit and people can build their heros' car.
I wish I had a nickel for every time this kit has been re-released. ;D

Hey CT! The engine detail is beautiful!
I likey!
Nice to see a build from ya!
Take it easy and Keep Building! ;D

Atomicdog said:
Hey CT! The engine detail is beautiful!
I likey!
Nice to see a build from ya!
Take it easy and Keep Building! ;D
Thanks Dog! Great hearing from ya Brother!

;D
Hey CT
Hello,I know You from You tube!
I don't feel "odd" now.
You Willys is looking great!
I really like the painting on the engine!
Looking forward to more
Thank You for sharing
Later
Russ
;)

Thanks Russ! I don't get on YouTube as much as I used to. There are so many builders and vids that I can't keep up. Lol!

:)
CT,
Your right about the deluge of videos on the tube.
I am hoping the time not spent on there will give You more time on here?
;D
How is that Bay Willys doing??
;D

This is one of my favourite rods and she looks superb, really love what you`ve done with the engine and i gotta say that the Testors metal finish is excellent......................must try some of that myself, terrific work so far bud ;D

`Boots` said:
This is one of my favourite rods and she looks superb, really love what you`ve done with the engine and i gotta say that the Testors metal finish is excellent......................must try some of that myself, terrific work so far bud ;D
Thank you Boots! I really like the Metalizers. A little easier than the alclad. "In my opinion"

Hi CT,
Just got back in the hobby and starting on a Revell 1950 Olds 88 and would like to redo the chrome using Metalizers. What kind would I use for bumpers and hubcaps? Thanks

trainman said:
Hi CT,
Just got back in the hobby and starting on a Revell 1950 Olds 88 and would like to redo the chrome using Metalizers. What kind would I use for bumpers and hubcaps? Thanks
If you're not going for a true chrome look, the stainless steel metalizer looks great after buffing with some cotton. If you're going for more of a real chrome finish I would go with Alclad II. It is painted over a gloss black finish to recreate a nice chrome finish. Here is a great link from Andy X:

Spraying alclad II chrome

Hi CT,

Really enjoyed the vid and I have to say, Wow… this Alclad II works like magic, I am really impressed with it.

Latest posts

Back